Record Store Day "RSD" April 2018 Releases*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by cwd, Feb 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markp

markp I am always thinking about Jazz.

I found a lot of the RSD albums I wanted at my local store. For the albums that were not there, eBay was a good choice, and through careful monitoring and making offers I was able to pick these albums at close to in-store prices: Allman Brothers Altanta, Johnny Cash Folsom Prison, Ella at Zardi's, Bobbie Gentry on BBC, Soundgarden A-Sides, Miles Davis Rubberband, and Blue Oyster Cult Rarities v2. Even though its not great that Record stores are constrained on their RSD mark-up, I'm glad for eBay so I can get the ones I want.

2. sirmikael

sirmikael Forum Resident

I hear you, but so many of the RSD titles are either available in standard releases, or soon will be.

3. oldjollymon

oldjollymon right channel den/left channel kitchen

I got one. It sounds beautiful & the colors are nice...but...trading it to a buddy tonight for a Piper mono! :)

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  4. Chris Treece

Chris Treece Forum Resident

I picked up the Madonna 'You Can Dance' LP on a whim on Saturday. I remembered buying a load of hooky cassettes on a holiday to Turkey in the 80s, one of which was this and it was great, as I recall. Not disappointed with the vinyl repress. For all her ropey movies and adoption shenanigans, we shouldn't forget that Madge could properly put out a tune back in the day, and if there's a more joyous 15 minutes of pop than Into The Groove segueing into Where's the Party on side 2 of this, then I'd like to hear it.

5. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

Wow, Swans! I would have picked that up immediately but while they drowned us in mono "Piper"s, I didn't see a single copy of that Swans.... well I guess technically it's an.... ep! :righton:

6. mick_sh

mick_sh Hackney diamond

Your buddy will come off best! A Piper mono plus a couple of twenty-dollar bills it's a fairer deal. ;)

Vinylsoul 1965 and scotti like this.
  7. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

No kidding, this is a steal for the friend giving up Piper (15,000) for and Ella (1500) sounds like a steal to me...

8. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

The Ella set is great. I snapped up the only copy that came to our town.

It was the first tone I opened when I got home, too!

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
    Vinylsoul 1965 likes this.
  9. Purplefowler

Purplefowler Forum Resident

I picked it up but haven’t listened yet

10. AZRunner

AZRunner Forum Resident

I got my two UK list must haves this morning, David Sylvian and the Dirty Three. I found a great indie store in Louth called Off the Beaten Tracks. You can only order by phone or email, but they had great customer service. Very prompt email responses. Off The Beaten Tracks - Louths independent record store

I haven’t heard anybody mention getting the Dirty Three record. According to the UK list it was only 500 copies for the UK/Ireland. So happy to have gotten both, but I really worked for them over the weekend.

hamicle and Guitarded like this.
  11. bajaed

bajaed Forum Resident

Anybody know where I can still find a copy of Grant Green "Slick"?

12. DHamilton

DHamilton Forum Resident

I went around 3 or 4 in the afternoon to my local place and didn't have any trouble finding my wants. Picked up the below with no troubles but was hoping to snag the zep 7", the bowie 12" and the Rage Live at Dems Nat Conv. Wasn't even going to go this year but oh well :sigh:

- Spectrum
    - Bowie Now (impulse buy)
    - Mac Demarco Demos
    - Eno/Shields
    - Ride Remix albums

13. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

I would try some of the Indie stores listed in the last 20 pages or so.

14. Markyp

Markyp Forum Resident

:righton:
    You saw my post then! The owner is a really nice bloke and will appreciate the custom.

AZRunner likes this.
  15. AZRunner

AZRunner Forum Resident

Yes! I couldn’t remember how I found them since I was searching so much yesterday. Thank you thank you thank you!!!

16. KDubATX

KDubATX A Darby Man Never Says When

First impression was positive, but I was playing in the living room with kids running around and was less than totally focused on the details. Will follow up later in the week when I get to play back though over headphones with no distractions.

Christopher B and Dan Steele like this.
  17. mick_sh

mick_sh Hackney diamond

It's a gimmick. When you open the record and find the black vinyl you say: "Bastards!"

18. RiRiIII

RiRiIII Forum Resident

here it is:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

19. Beaneydave

Beaneydave Forum Resident

Looks fantastic , hope you enjoy it.
    As for me I can still remember how disappointed I was with it when it first came out. Let me know what you think of the music- enjoy

peace and love✌Dave

20. RiRiIII

RiRiIII Forum Resident

I know the record all my life. I like it :)

John D. and Beaneydave like this.
  21. Im sure your retailer or ANTI will swap it out for you.

22. Being the complete sucker for coloured vinyl that I am, that's the sort of album I'd consider buying even though I have almost zero interest in the music.

23. Driver8

Driver8 Forum Resident

I arrived at my store 15min before showtime and found myself in a line of 50ish people. I was able to grab the following:

Arcade Fire: S/T
    Bowie Now (impulse buy)
    The Doors: Matrix vol 2
    Pink Floyd: Piper
    Phish: Billy Breathes
    Wilco: Live

The Aracde Fire, Doors, and Pink Floyd were the ones I wanted most. I was interested in the Dead box and Dylan/Dead. Those were sold in short order.

I’ve been able to secure a Dead box and it should be here by the end of the week.

As for The Dylan/Dead, I really only wanted it because of the tie-dyed wax.

Christopher B likes this.
  24. Brett Sherris

Brett Sherris Member

I would renegotiate that deal. Piper plus a little green would be more like it.

25. vinyl diehard

vinyl diehard Two-Channel Forever

No where to be found here. Must have been pretty limited.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.