How Do You Prefer Your Vinyl Records Shipped?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Panama Hotel, Apr 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Panama Hotel

Panama Hotel in transit to the Mars Thread Starter

I'm getting ready to put some LPs up on the Forum. (I'm in the process of listening to the more valuable ones, to evaluate the quality.) I'm just wondering about buyer preferences as far as using flat LP mailers vs. more expensive box shipping, etc.

Also, if you consider flat LP boxes to be reliable, is it important to reinforce the packing? I've always been a little weird about caring for collectibles- I don't want the insurance payout, I want safe arrival of the goods in undamaged condition. I like briefcase shipping, LOL.

Also, right now I only have a couple of the flat type mailers on hand, and I'm just wondering about which brick&mortar stores might carry them- like the Box Store, or Fedex, etc. I know I can buy them in quantity online, I'm just wondering, for convenience's sake...

2. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

I like normal LP Mailers or Whiplash Style Mailers with fresh cardboard bolsters.
    If LPs are sealed, I like them to be sleeved and taped sungly between two bolsters to arrest any chance of splitting due to drops / throws.
    When shipping myself, I usually wrap the LP/Bolster sammich with 1/8" bubble.

People don't ever complain

Panama Hotel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.