Albums With Bonus Records

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by davebush, May 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack

Jack Senior Member

Aimee Mann’s Charmer lp came with an extra 7”

2. Beamish13

Beamish13 Forum Resident

The reissue of Come’s 11:11 (1992) has a bonus 7 inch

3. PretzelLogic

PretzelLogic Feeling duped by MoFi? You probably deserve it.

This thread got me thinking- I’m trying to think of an album that has a gatefold with a pocket for the 7” on the inside of the sleeve. Sure I’ve seen one.

There’s a LP with CD pocket (Love Letters by Metronomy) and a 7” with space for the CD (Make It Wit’chu by Queens Of The Stone Age) but a LP with 7” storage? I’m stumped.

Folknik and c-eling like this.
  4. Ignatius

Ignatius Forum Resident

I didn't know about it until the cd age, but Help Yourself's final album "The Return of Ken Whaley" included another entire album "Happy Daze", which was intended to be a memento of a stage show various members had been involved in. I'm kinda fuzzy on remembering so feel free to correct!

thematinggame likes this.
  5. Beamish13

Beamish13 Forum Resident

Similarly, this Bloom County collection by Berkeley Breathed came with a “double-A side” FlexiDisc from the “band”
    Billy and the Boingers Bootleg - Wikipedia

6. JohnS

JohnS Senior Member

In fact I think the BeBop Deluxe album was always envisaged as a ‘LP plus EP’ package (rather than the EP being a limited edition bonus item)
    Like a double album, but with the second record as a 7”.
    The LP rear sleeve artwork lists the EP tracks and describes them as being ‘side 3’ and ‘side 4’ I think... (my copy is not to hand right now)

7. pbuzby

pbuzby Senior Member

A few Bill Nelson albums had bonus records. Quit Dreaming and Get on the Beam had a record of instrumentals titled Sounding the Ritual Echo.

8. Sheik Yerbouti

Sheik Yerbouti Senior Member

[​IMG]

The first UK issue had a bonus 7".

quicksrt and MyOwnWorstEnemy like this.
  9. folkfreak

folkfreak The cold blooded penguin

The first pressing Jethro Tulls Catfish rising had a bonus 12" single with White Innocence, Sleeping with the dog and When Jesus came to play, the "Bonus"-tracks on the CD

10. Rigsby

Rigsby Forum Resident

Indeed. I think you're right, my copy isn't to hand either but I seem to remember the same

11. MetallicSquink

MetallicSquink Forum Resident

[​IMG]

The first edition included a bonus seven-inch pairing "Haunt You Down" and "Jam Kids."

12. Putrifiers II

Putrifiers II Forum Resident

The Fall's The Frenz Experiment came with a free 7" containing Bremen Nacht Run Out and Mark'll Sink Us

hutlock likes this.
  13. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

Somebody probably mentioned these already but...

The U.K. version of Elvis Costello & The Attractions ‘This Year’s Model’ had the bonus 45 of ‘Stranger In The House’ backed with ‘Neat Neat Neat’.

The Clash told CBS that the second disc of ‘London Calling’ was going to be an EP. They lied to keep the price down!

14. anorak2

anorak2 Forum Resident

"Signing Off" came with a 12 inch "Madame Medusa"/"Strange Fruit"/"Reefer Madness" (my favourite UB40 track)
    "Present Arms" came with a 12 inch in some countries and a 7 inch in some other countries of "Dr X"/"Don't walk on the grass"

Colocally likes this.
  15. mcchocchoc

mcchocchoc Forum Resident

3 LP Set comes with bonus 7inch. Great album!

[​IMG]

16. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

Singles collection "All Wrapped Up" by the Undertones initially came with a free album containing all the b-sides!

Spiritualized's "Lazer Guided Melodies" came with a 7” featuring ‘Anyway That You Want Me’ and ‘Why Don’t You Smile Now’.

The deluxe edition of Arctic Monkeys' "AM" had an exclusive 7" with 2 non-LP tracks '2013' & 'Stop The World'. (B-sides from singles 'Do I Wanna Know?' & 'Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High?)

17. onlyconnect

onlyconnect The prose and the passion

What is Beat by The Beat came with a free album of extended remixes.

As it Happens by Dr Feelgood came with a free single with 4 extra tracks.

Tim

jneilnyc and hutlock like this.
  18. BlueSpeedway

BlueSpeedway YES, I'M A NERD

All of Europe I think. The first 1982 pressing anyway. Also has a huge poster inside of hundreds of on and off stage photos of the band on various tours.

19. doublenaught

doublenaught Forum Resident

A couple more surf records from Capitol: "Surf Route 101" and "Surfink!".
    [​IMG][​IMG]

20. Peterr

Peterr Forum Resident

Stevie Ray Vaughan - Couldn't stand the weather. Mov.edition
    Extra side's 3&4 12" with bonus tracks not mentioned on the cover .

MyOwnWorstEnemy likes this.
  21. Folknik

Folknik Forum Resident

Stevie Wonder's Songs in the Key of Life has a pocket for the enclosed 7" record.

22. TheLazenby

TheLazenby Forum Resident In Memoriam

Didn't a Super Furry Animals album come with a bonus single that was hidden inside the gatefold (which was glued shut)?

23. JohnS

JohnS Senior Member

The UK pressing of Rockpile's 'Seconds Of Pleasure' LP has a slot cut in to the front cover to house the bonus 'Nick Lowe & Dave Edmunds Sing The Everly Brothers' EP

Rockpile - Seconds Of Pleasure

Folknik likes this.
  24. FredV

FredV Senior Member

First Barnes & Noble vinyl pressings of The Monkees 2016 album ‘Good Times’ came with a single featuring two non-album tracks.

kouzie and c-eling like this.
  25. cgw

cgw Forum Resident

I was very happy that the used copy of Ian Dury's Do It Yourself I found came with the single Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick.

The latest Drive-By Truckers album came with a single of Kinky Hypocrite.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.