Bluesound Vault V500 or Vault 2. Anyone own it?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Guy Gadbois, May 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guy Gadbois

Guy Gadbois Chief Inspector Thread Starter

A few questions about this device. Does it...

1) Play CDs or just rip them?
    2) Can I access Sirius XM?
    3) Can I access Napster?
    4) How does it sound?
    5) Is the app free?
    6) I read a lot about users having issues with CDs getting stuck in the drive, or not reading at all. Has anyone experienced this issue?

Thanks!

2. Citroen

Citroen vinylholic

Vault2 here.

1. rip only
    2, can't see it
    3. yes
    4. very good
    5. yes
    6. never had a problem

rodentdog and Guy Gadbois like this.
  3. Csericks

Csericks Forum Resident

I have a vault 2 - I love it! I have some cds that were not recognized/loaded but it is a very small number out of 3000 +

Shiver likes this.
  4. Shiver

Shiver Forum Resident

Do you use its DAC or feed to the Cambridge 840C you have listed? Been able to compare their sounds at all if so? Thanks.

5. gov

gov Forum Resident

Ditto to everything Citroen said. As to your question 4, I am constantly amazed how good it sounds. Not a digital guy primary so for me, ease of operation and sound that minimized the gap between itself and my 5-7x more expensive vinyl rig was what I was looking for.

I don’t have much digital comparison to go by (previously used an Apple TV to stream) but the comparison to the analog rig is closer than I’d probably like to admit.

Citroen likes this.
  6. Guy Gadbois

Guy Gadbois Chief Inspector Thread Starter

@Citroen @Csericks Does it have WiFi?

I'm looking for an inexpensive way to stream my CD collection. I have a lot of WAV files on a 1 TB external, but I don't have any way to choose which song I want. It's all just a bunch of files. I thought the Vault would be a solution but it's kind of expensive.

I might go with a portable media player

I wish the Vault played CDs, that would make it more valuable to me

7. rodentdog

rodentdog Senior Member

The Vault 2 does NOT have built in wifi. I use several Extollo Lansocket 1500 powerline adapters. One plugs into 110v ac and into the router, one plugs into 110volt and into the Vault 2, via supplied ethernet cables.
    I also have two Node 2 set up the same way, to take wifi traffic off the router. Rock solid and sound great. The Node 2 will do what you want for $500 USD.

Guy Gadbois likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.