Favorite episode or episodes of a TV show

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MikaelaArsenault, Feb 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ginger Ale

Ginger Ale Snackophile

Danger Man: just about any of them! The same goes for black 'n' white Dragnet.

Lost In Space: The Reluctant Stowaway (wherein Jonathan Harris actually does STUNTS) and The Great Ve Ge Tahh Bull Rebellion (which I found hilarious).

Original Star Trek: Mudd's Women, The Corbomite Maneuver

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  2. That's Mr. Foghat

That's Mr. Foghat Forum Resident

The Andy Griffith Show: Season 2 Episode 11 - The Pickle Story

Andy and Barney replace Aunt Bee's bad-tasting homemade pickles with store-bought pickles, but find themselves in a real one when she decides to enter her pickles in a contest at the county fair.

[​IMG]
    "Well, there's only one thing to do. That's what we should have done in the first place...."
    "Learn to love em."

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 21, 2018
    Moshe likes this.
  3. John54

John54 Senior Member

South Park: Starvin' Marvin in Space, Not Without My Anus, Damian

M*A*S*H: the one where Margaret goes away and Radar subs for her baby-delivery class: "Congratulations, Mrs. O'Reilly: it's a bear"

ohnothimagen likes this.
  4. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

there are so many! but, The Munsters-Will Success Spoil Herman Munster? Comes to mind. Hysterical!

5. Derek Slazenger

Derek Slazenger Specs, rugs & rock n roll

The last ever episode of 'Six Feet Under' springs to mind. I thought it was just perfect :)

Standoffish and kouzie like this.
  6. Wild Frank

Wild Frank Forum Resident

A couple from Northern Exposure spring to mind: “Aurora Borealis: A Fairy Tale for Grown Ups” and “Burning Down the House”. The later was the one when Chris flung Maggie’s piano in a trebuchet.

Episode 8 of the recent season of Twin Peaks was the most extreme and beautiful hour of television I have ever seen. It was so far out but completely hypnotic.

The 3rd Episode (The locked room) of the 1st season of True Detective was pretty special too when you first see the guy on the lawnmower and, at the end, Reggie Ledoux appears in his underwear with a gas mask on and a machete. That was chilling.

Finally, last week episode of Westworld (The Riddle of the Sphinx) was epic

carrick doone likes this.
  7. The7thStranger

The7thStranger Part of the Rhythm Nation

[​IMG]
    When Vanessa got caught in Delaware trying to go to a concert on The Cosby Show.

8. carrick doone

carrick doone Whhhuuuutttt????

mushy mushy...fantastic episode.

9. mr. steak

mr. steak Forum Resident

Party Down: ep 108 - "Celebrate Ricky Sargulesh"

10. Luvtemps

Luvtemps Forum Resident

Bonanza[Hoss gets amnesia and almost leaves the Ponderosa]..Gunsmoke[gunfighter-Steve Forrest takes over Dodge and waits for Matt Dillon to arrive for a showdown].

11. Solitaire1

Solitaire1 Carpenters Fan

Star Trek: Enterprise

What I call "The Surak Trilogy" ("The Forge," "Awakening," and "Kir'Shara"): Excellent story that leads to the Vulcans becoming what we saw in The Original Series and why they were the way they were at the beginning of the series. One of my favorite parts of the story is the interaction between Archer and T'Pol (who has grown on me to become my favorite character).

Dragonball Z

"A Dark & Secret Power" and "Videl Is Crushed": While there have been many great fights in Dragonball Z, this one is my favorite because it really spotlights the character of Videl (who has become my favorite DBZ character) and shows her never-die spirit even in the face of an overwhelming opponent who she turns out to have no chance against. This is the one fight in Dragonball Z where I still cringe at moments due to the brutality of the fight.

12. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

For shows like Seinfeld, Frasier, Cheers, The Simpsons, Family Guy, etc. there are just too many favorite episodes to even name or even recall without going back and looking at a list.

But my my favorite Taxi episode is definitely the Reverend Jim Driving Test episode. I laughed so hard the first time when that aired that I started to cry.

My favorite Happy Days episodes were early ones that I mentioned in another thread before. Here are two I recall:

1. Richie and Potsie lose a bet and are forced to go to a dance dressed in drag. Fonzie picks one of them up without knowing and starts dancing with them, while blowing in their ear. Ralph, I believe, was in attendance and didn't know at first either.

2. Richie gets hustled by college kids in a poker game and loses all his money and watch. Goes home to tell Mr. C. They go back to the poker game but this time Mr. C. hustles the college kids and wins everything back.

Star Trek: TNG also has too many favorite episodes to recall but one of my favorites that sticks out is the one in which Captain Picard is overtaken by a probe from a long extinct planet. The probe "downloads" the lifetime of a person from that extinct world into Picard's brain and Picard "lives" that life in the short moments that he is unconscious. He marries, has kids and grows old in the episode, while being one of that community's well-respected scientists. Learns how to play a flute too. At the end of the episode, after they open up the probe, there is a flute inside of it and Picard plays it as though he has played it for years, even though in real life he never did.

Pete Puma likes this.
  13. carrick doone

Touche on the use of trebouchet - I learned a new word. Nicely used also. Northern Exposure gave me many moments of great tv. This was a show where character truly generated and drove story.

Is Burning Down the House the one where the piano sails into the air as Procol Harum's Whiter Shade of Pale plays or is 1that the one where it's silent. I may have that wrong because if I recall they use the device in another episode for the casket of Chris's friend who is shipped to him.

14. Wild Frank

Yes that’s the one. Chris was originally going to fling a cow. After Maggies house burned down he chose her piano instead. Gonna have to revisit some Northern Exposure now....:)

15. carrick doone

Oh man, me too. I have the DVD set and the time.

And here's the part we are talking about. I remembered the music wrong. Still cool.

Last edited: May 22, 2018
  16. Jamey K

Jamey K Internet Sensation

Dick Van Dyke Show "Coast To Coast Bigmouth" is the funniest 30 minutes, I've ever seen.

Mylene likes this.
  17. Wild Frank

No you remembered right. When the dvds came out a lot of the original music was replaced unfortunately. Still a great scene. Chris was one of my favourite tv characters.

carrick doone likes this.
  18. George Co-Stanza

George Co-Stanza Forum Resident

Breaking Bad - Ozymandias
    The Sopranos - Long Term Parking
    Seinfeld - The Junior Mint
    Cheers - An Old-Fashioned Wedding
    Dexter - Born Free

19. Monosterio

Monosterio Forum Resident

Frasier is the one in which Daphne catches all the Cranes in her bedroom, rummaging through her underwear.

Modern Family is the one in which Claire debates for the town council seat.

SomeCallMeTim and Standoffish like this.
  20. Monosterio

Sanford & Son—the one in which Fred thinks Lamont and Rollo are gay.

Moshe likes this.
  21. Al Kuenster

Al Kuenster Senior Member

So many over the years, my favorite from Star Trek TOS is The Trouble With Tribbles

22. Monosterio

The Goldbergs—the one in which Erica replaces Barry as leader of the JTP.

23. 905

905 Senior Member

Just to name one for now, Shoe Booty from All in the Family.

24. LeBon Bush

LeBon Bush Hound of Love

Miami Vice - Walk Alone: No fan favorite at all, but the setting of Tubbs being imprisoned due to an undercover investigation of a drug-smuggling ring among corrupt policemen was wonderfully executed and the climactic scene with In Dulce Decorum by The Damned playing in the background remains my absolute favorite scene from the show.

Twin Peaks - Episode 14 (Lonely Souls): Where the killer gets revealed - the ending was heartbreaking and yet so beautifully insane. The rare case where one single scene transcends a show into your all-time favorite.

The Simpsons - Simpson Tide: Homer joining the navy, the USSR reuniting and Lenin rising from his grave to destroy capitalism - definitely the show had returned to its season 3 to 6 peak with the first half of season nine.

25. Remurmur

Remurmur Music is THE BEST! -FZ

Star Trek The Original Series- The Doomsday Machine with William Windom as Commodore Matt Decker

One of the very best episodes of the series.

Blastproof and bmasters9 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.