Rudimentary Peni Remasters - what is going on??

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Cake, Apr 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cake

Cake Forum Resident Thread Starter

Anyone know what the vast delay is in releasing the rest of the Rudimentary Peni remasters on Southern Records? It's been almost three years and nothing has been released since the Death Church remaster!

I use to talk to John Loder when he was still alive (he passed away on August 12, 2005) and I really miss his charm and kindness.

Thanks!

2. Mr. H

Mr. H Forum Resident

Dunno but I emailed Southern about these years ago before they started and while they took a while to get back to me they were pretty forthcoming. It might be worth shooting them an email.

I guess I just assumed they ended the reissues at that point in their career. They’re great reissues though, almost as nice as the Crass ones.

3. Cake

They were great reissues and so were the C.R.A.S.S. ones, too! I agree.

Just wondering what the delay is on the rest since they did have test pressings of them shown on the Southern website!

Mr. H likes this.
  4. Mr. H

Mr. H Forum Resident

Didn’t realize they had pics up. Strange.

5. Cake

It's quite strange.

The really strange thing is that a UK label named Sacred Bones is releasing all of the pre-Rudimentary Peni releases on LP for the very first time!

Check it out: Outer Himmilayan Presents

6. Mr. H

Mr. H Forum Resident

Wow. Cool. Thanks. I wish they did CD versions.

Cake likes this.
  7. Cake

Yeah! I completely agree! But, still....

An unreleased track by The Magits is a gift in itself!

Mr. H likes this.
  8. Mr. H

Mr. H Forum Resident

Looks like the Southern Death Church and Cacophony releases are getting harder to come by already. Very sad!

9. Cake

What really saddens me is the "no response" that I have gotten about both the rest of the Peni remasters (such as The EPs of RP) and the C.R.A.S.S. remaster of Best Before (which was supposed to be expanded, as well) from Southern Records. I used to communicate with John Loder of Southern back between the late 1980's and late 1990's and he helped me set up interviews with both vocalist/guitarist/artist Nick Blinko (in 1992) and bassist Grant Matthews (in 1995) over the phone when I interviewed both for fLiPSiDE Fanzine.

I don't believe that John Loder would have allowed Southern Records to turn into what it has become in the modern era. He was such an honest guy!

Mr. H likes this.
  10. Mr. H

Mr. H Forum Resident

Any chance you’d be willing or able to share those interviews?

11. Cake

The print portion of the interviews will be released when the book that I am working on (regarding my punk rock years at CSUN 1984-1988 and fLiPSiDE Fanzine interview period 1990-1999) is completed and released. I am presently looking for a publisher. The audio portion, however, will have to be converted from micro-cassette to digital and will be available for download once the book is completed. Stay in touch with me!

Mr. H likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.