What Are Some Of Your Favorite TV Show Fun Facts and Trivia?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by sloaches, Feb 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

Ringo claimed in an interview that he was so drunk and coked out at the time he couldn't even remember doing the Thomas narration:laugh::shake:. I downloaded a bunch of those episodes for my Thomas The Tank Engine loving son and, yeah, Ringo does sound pretty soused in some of them:laugh:. I've got five seasons' worth- I think Ringo did the first three (1984 to 1986, I believe, which indeed was the period when Ringo was at his lowest) and Carlin does the other two... and I believe Carlin was as messed up at the time as Ringo was! I want to say Carlin and Sir Ritchie both discovered the wonders of rehab not long after their Thomas stints...

2. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

George Carlin famously said "I'm sort of the reverse Pete Best" (paraphrased). :)

3. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

EXCELLENT!!!!

MikaelaArsenault and action pact like this.
  4. Solitaire1

Solitaire1 Carpenters Fan

Howard Morris (Earnest T. Bass in The Andy Griffith Show) was the voice of Jughead Jones in the various Archie Saturday Morning shows released by Filmation.

5. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

In an effort to add some Cheers trivia...

- Shelly Long had a lengthy inquisitive rehearsal process which irritated some of the writers.
    - Shelly Long never asked for jokes to be taken away from Kelsey Grammer (in spite of a popular rumor to the opposite).
    - At his worst drug-addicted point, Kelsey Grammer would look like a corpse, magically transform at the start of a take into a pitch-perfect performance, only to sink back into a corpse-ish appearance once the director would yell "cut".
    - After the show garnered tons of praise and viewership, the actors got complacent and wouldn't make much effort to remember their lines. That would lead to a lot of aborted takes or edited takes to get the performance.
    - However, on the very last show, every single actor wanted to give the best possible performance. The last scene of the finale is very long, yet everybody gave a pitch-perfect performance.

stereoptic and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  6. Solitaire1

My Little Pony - Friendship Is Magic: When they were creating the character of Discord, they were aiming for something like Q in Star Trek - The Next Generation. When they cast John De Lancie as Discord, they added many Q-like aspects to the characters (such as snapping his "fingers" to do his magic).

nosliw likes this.
  7. bmasters9

bmasters9 Forum Resident

During the Barker/Roddy era of TPIR, there were actually two Roberts working that 11-noon shift Eastern time on CBS-- one was Robert William Barker (whom we have known better as Bob Barker), and the other was born in Fort Worth, TX as Robert Ray Roddy (we knew him better, however, as the late Rod Roddy; Rod was his nickname).

8. The Wanderer

The Wanderer Seeker of Truth

Appeared in High Noon and Outlaw Josey Wales, among other films

Also, voice of The Wilhelm Scream, used in more than 500 films, including Star Wars

9. Sternodox

Sternodox SubGenius Pope of Arkansas

Tammy Grimes was originally slated to play Samantha in Bewitched. Sure glad that didn't happen!

10. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

I don't know who that is, but I can't imagine anyone but Elizabeth in that role!

Sternodox likes this.
  11. Sternodox

Sternodox SubGenius Pope of Arkansas

Google Tammy Grimes ... you'll freak! She had a very short-lived sitcom ... and one of the most annoying voices in the history of television. I think Bewitched would have been a massive failure had Ms. Grimes been tapped for the role. Indeed, The Tammy Grimes Show was one of the most spectacular failures in the history of TV.

And I agree with you ... Elizabeth is Samantha.

12. samthesham

samthesham Forum Resident

Larry Hagman & David Crosby were good friends until LH death

They became friends in the 60s when Hagman was on IDOJ & Crosby was a Byrd

13. Solitaire1

I think that the reason that some actors are so perfect a role is because they turned out to be the right choice after others passed on the role. As an example, consider the following:
    • Columbo: Originally intended for Bing Crosby.
    • Jessica Fletcher on Murder She Wrote: Originally intended for Jean Stapleton
    • Gilligan's Island: Gilligan: Jerry Van Dyke passed on the role.
    • The character who became Rob Petrie on what became The Dick Van Dyke Show: Both Carl Reiner and Johnny Carson were considered for the role.

Sternodox likes this.
  14. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

"ARCHIE! ARCHIE! I know who murdered that guy!".

"Would you stifle yourself, dingbat and let the police do their jobs, eh?".

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.