New Black Sabbath! [Vinyl Box Set] 2017

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Fletch, Jun 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dreaddazzman

Dreaddazzman Forum Resident

Yeah, not sure of all the logistics. Amazon UK would have been my only route to get it, since Pledge Music wouldn't ship to the US.

2. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Better than original vertigo's Sckott? What are you hearing exactly? Any further details is appreciated.

3. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

Never had original UK Vertigos. But the covers, down to the flap-box of Masters, mastering sounds great.
    Compared to the WB LPs, new and old, much better. Debut and Masters on WB is a little tough to beat anyway.

4. Zumbi

Zumbi Senior Member

I do not want to be rude... but those that is saying these vinyl records have good sound quality.... are you deaf?

I got this box set not to long ago, and I am right now listening thru every record, I have so far listened to half of the records, and I find they got a really crappy sound quality. Today I listened to the debut record (my favorite), and I could not even enjoy it. My 2010 pressing sound so much better....

I am happy that I bought this box set, but I will never listen to these records again, they are only for collection, because the records do look awesome!

Shvartze Shabbos likes this.
  5. Rael076

Rael076 Well-Known Member

Did anyone get the singles box? I'm just curious If the edits are early fades or those sloppy chop jobs.

Echoes Myron likes this.
  6. Tojo

Tojo Forum Resident

I think the sound quality is vastly superior to the ridiculously bright Rhino 2010/11 editions.
    BLACK SABBATH’S TEN YEAR WAR - THE ULTIMATE GUIDE - The Audiophile Man

Imagine70 likes this.
  7. Tojo

Tojo Forum Resident

8. Tim1954

Tim1954 Forum Resident

Depends what you want, I guess. For me this box sounded way too digital. If I want digital I listen to CD, not vinyl.

Vol. 4, SBS and Sabotage on 2011 Rhino vinyl are infinitely better, IMO. The rest of the Rhino LPs were no good.

blacksabbathrainbow likes this.
  9. damnit

damnit Great Cd Mastering Only Please

Does anyone have more info on the Supersonic Boxset?
    Does it contain the Mono version of Evil Woman/Wicked World?
    How is the overall sound of the set?

10. damnit

damnit Great Cd Mastering Only Please

I am looking for more info on this set as well!!!

11. Tojo

Tojo Forum Resident

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.