New Paul McCartney album "Egypt Station" coming September 7, 2018*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by etcetera, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sandmountainslim1

sandmountainslim1 Vicar Of Fonz

Finally got a chance to listen to both of them on my lunch break. I Dont Know impressed me and I will be listening to it again but Come On To Me really didn't do anything for me at all. I definitely know which one is the a side in my book :)

jorket600 and Mr. Explorer like this.
  2. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

I do like both quite a bit...I Don't Know took me a few listens but I am happy.

theMess and beatle_giancarlo like this.
  3. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Bob Dylan listens to all Paul's new albums to check him out.

beartrackrecords likes this.
  4. postscripum

postscripum Forum Resident

What a ridiculously talented man he is. It's music that makes you smile at his zest for life, his gift for music, his delight in entertaining others.

5. I Have Been Floated

I Have Been Floated Duke of Kirkcaldy

Come On to Me=Hot Blooded through a 76 year old's eyes

angelees and Allen Michael like this.
  6. Haristar

Haristar Apollo C. Vermouth

"I Don't Know" is my favourite so far. Reminds me of "From a Lover to a Friend", "This Never Happened Before" and "In the Blink of an Eye".

7. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Paul finally says White Album 50th coming. For all the naysayers that said NO WAY!!!

8. mikecarrera

mikecarrera Forum Resident

The FIRST pressing of the Deluxe 2 LP Edition will be very limited so watch out for it! because there will be a SECOND edition without all the extra packaging the first one will have (and maybe not a warning at any site, just a replacement), and the second edition is going to be the "lifetime" version, so only the ones who gets the FIRST edition will have the full packaging. Good Luck!

9. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

I guess they can reopen the thread

10. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

yes folks, when ordering the vinyl...read carefully as some will be limited

Mr. Explorer and Allen Michael like this.
  11. rocklobster

rocklobster Forum Resident

So if I pre-ordered the Deluxe Colored Vinyl about 30 minutes ago, I should (or just "may"?) get one of the first pressings that you're referring to?

12. jordanlolss

jordanlolss Forum Resident

Any info on the "Super Deluxe Box Set"?

beatle_giancarlo and FKA002 like this.
  13. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

several posts ago, member posted a link to interview

theMess and mr._mojo_filter like this.
  14. RAJ717

RAJ717 Forum Resident

Just heard both songs and both are well done. Paul's voice is not a distraction. I was worried about that. No worries. "I Don't Know" is pleasant enough and my favorite of the two. Definitely sounds like it was recorded during the 'Chaos & Creation In The Backyard' sessions. "Come On To Me" would have fit nicely on 'Electric Arguments' by the Fireman. Full of life and energy, but not a whole lot to it. Yeah, I guess a concert song, but not one I'll go back to often otherwise. Just not enough to it. Well, besides the creepy factor of having a 75-year old singing a song like that. If that was a song written and recorded by a friend of mine, I'd keep my teenage daughter away from him! Creeper!!! ;-)

As with others on here, I am banking on the album tracks being even better. Paul rarely picks the best tracks for singles from his albums; a trait going back as far as 1986. Looking forward to the album.

15. jammincrowe

jammincrowe Forum Resident

Different limited at McCartney store vs bull moose or other retailers?

16. Rose Decatur

Rose Decatur Forum Resident

Can anyone post the lyrics to "I Don't Know"?

theMess and Dr. Pepper like this.
  17. mr._mojo_filter

mr._mojo_filter Forum Resident

18. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry?

Sleep tight? A call back to Lazy Dynamite?

19. lavalamp3

lavalamp3 Forum Resident

Horn riff sounds like the melody to Ian Dury's Sex and Drugs and Rock & Roll... I'm wondering if that's intentional.

Yorick and edenofflowers like this.
  20. gaels7592

gaels7592 Forum Resident

What about a vinyl single release?

21. joe1320

joe1320 Forum Resident

DIY interview about new album and 50th Anniversary White Album
    Paul McCartney on new album 'Egypt Station' and collaborating with the next generation: “I feel lucky that these people are interested in working with me”

Now, ‘Sgt. Pepper…’ is widely regarded as one of the most influential albums of all time and one that really invented the idea of the album as a whole work rather than a collection of singles. Was it really that coincidental?
    That’s the interesting thing about it. If you’re lucky and if you’re good as we were with ‘Sgt. Pepper…’, then it’s going to turn into something special.

Did you know when you were writing it that it would be a special one?

It felt special, yeah. Particularly because we weren’t touring, so all our attention was devoted to the album. And the best thing was that there was someone in the NME who said, ‘Oh, The Beatles have had it. They’ve gone cold and dried up’. And we’re like [chuckles cheekily] because we knew what we were making. Talk on, baby. Just keep talking. Because we knew that wasn’t true and that we were making something pretty cool. Then after that we released ‘The White Album’ and completely changed and made something that wasn’t multi-layered and was quite stripped back and of the times.

Have you finished preparing the 50th anniversary package of that one yet?

It’s all in place, I’ve just got a couple of essays [to approve]. It’s all lined up and it’s really good.

Are there any moments you’d forgotten about when you were trawling back through the archives?

Something sparks another memory, but it’s really nice because we were a great little band – I think we can agree on that. So for me to be a part of that and to be remembering it is great; all these little things remind me of it and I do learn things.

The album itself [‘The White Album’] is very cool and it sounds like you’re in the room; that’s the great thing about doing remasters. But we’ve also got some demos of the songs, so you get things stripped right back to just John’s voice and a guitar. You just think, how ****ing good was John?! Amazing. We were just doing it; it was amazing. We were having a good time.

22. backseat

backseat Italian translator - Paul McCartney's 'The Lyrics'

Why the songs are not on iTunes yet?

23. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

did not see anything about a vinyl single anywhere unless I missed it

24. vitorbastos123

vitorbastos123 Forum Resident

Dont mind not hearing Come On To Me ever again actually... Not really good, seems like the same verses over and over again. But I enjoyed I Dont Know a lot!

25. gaels7592

gaels7592 Forum Resident

Already pre-ordered on amazon!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.