Rolling Stones Studio Albums 1971-2016 Vinyl Box Coming June 15th*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by aphexj, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Xpression Carbon

Xpression Carbon Forum Resident

I would bet on the naked with air pillows from my own experience, albeit from Amazon Canada. Hopefully the European ones are better packed.

2. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

We will see!
    Beave

3. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

I’ve ordered from Amazon France. I think it will ship in the factory box, with an outer box that may, or may not add additional protection. My Stones mono box had been double boxed, but clearly someone dropped the box and split a corner. Ugh. Hit and miss. My Amazon US box came in great shape across the Pacific, but as you can see, the double boxing didn’t provide much added protection.

[​IMG]

4. robtodd

robtodd Forum Resident

Amazon France in my experience tend to ship from the U.K. and you are subject to the same random chance that the factory box is removed. Thanks for the heads up on the price which is nearly £75 after postage than the U.K. price and is far and away the cheapest price across the European sites.

FashionBoy likes this.
  5. The Beave

Thank You Dr.B.
    I appreciate the information!!
    Beave

FashionBoy likes this.
  6. rpc_2_uk

rpc_2_uk Forum Resident

Just had the following email from backtoblackvinyl.com about the missing download tracks from Bridges To Babylon

I've logged on and all the tracks are now there.

Mahesh Pun (Push Entertainment)

Jun 21, 10:17 BST

Hi,

Sorry to hear that you were unable to get your download. A temporary issue was identified and resolved by our technical team and your download should now be working as expected.

Could you retry and if you do continue to have issues please let me know and I will investigate further.

Kind regards,
    Push Support

7. The Beave

Thank You for the information and for the Thank You!
    I was quite surprised to see it so low compared to the 399 Euro price across EU Amazon.s
    Still above $300 US but significantly cheaper than the $400 US Amazon price.
    Beave

robtodd likes this.
  8. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

The factory box has stamped on one end: "PLEASE DO NOT REMOVE THIS OUTER PACKAGING. IT IS DESIGNED TO HELP PROTECT THE PRODUCT DURING SHIPMENT TO THE CUSTOMER."

Of course, that may not help if the student working part time in the Amazon warehouse doesn't see it.

The Beave likes this.
  9. RussTCB

RussTCB Forum Resident

I sent an email to UMG about the missing download codes from my US box but didn't receive a reply. I'm guessing maybe I should email the folks you did instead? What's the email address you sent it to?

10. I just did a live chat with Amazon in regards to missing download cards. He put me on hold for a few minutes then said I should receive these by the end of the day. I should get some sort of notification.

Not sure if this will happen but I’ll chime back in once something happens.

11. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

Opened my set. Everything seems to be in order. Amazon US, so no download code. Copy #4414.

So who decided to pack these in reverse chronological order so that the zipper on SF will bump against the rear jacket of Exile?

12. I had a terrible and very expensive issue with Amazon France in 2017. I ordered the Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's 50th Anniversary box set. The first one arrived damaged, no severely but enough that I did not want to keep it. I gifted it to a family member. I ordered the box again for myself. The 2nd box arrived more damaged than the first one. I contacted them through the shipping pages. They immediately sent me a replacement. It arrived in mint condition. I had a month to return the damaged box. They said after the box was returned, they would credit back the price of the box, plus the shipping. Both totaled close to $300. CDN.

A month after I returned the box, our regular postal carrier Rick shows up with the box. The address was crossed out. There was nothing from whoever received it, or the French postal service as to why the box was returned. I spent several months trying to contact Amazon France to get this fixed. I sent several E-mails and never received a response. I don't know how to call them. Couldn't find an international customer service number. I was never able to reach them. So the Beatles box ended up costing me $450.

Don't plan to order from Amazon France again.

jon9091 likes this.
  13. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

Did anyone order the box from badlands U.K. ?

Just wondering how quick they got the box out and if it was in the original shipping box if anyone has ordered from them ?

14. The Beave

Could it be that their losses off at you Canadians?? :hide: :evil: :yikes:
    Beave

15. TeddyB

TeddyB Senior Member

Has anyone determined definitely if the downloads are the 2009 masters or derived from the new work?

Adam Bosman and lukpac like this.
  16. SonicSorcerer

SonicSorcerer Forum Resident

The download of Goats Head Soup does not have the censored version of "Star Star" on it like the ‘09 remaster, which kind of makes me think it could be a new remaster for this set...

I’ve only been listening in the car & don’t know for certain either way, but they sound good to me.

Adam Bosman and lukpac like this.
  17. Jack

Jack Senior Member

StarStar sounds abfab. Can pick out Keith’s short little scratchings out of that left speaker. Loving all that I’ve played so far(ER, GHS, B&B, EOMS).

SonicSorcerer likes this.
  18. rpc_2_uk

rpc_2_uk Forum Resident

my email went to [email protected] Not sure exactly sure who pushsupport are but this was the address on the backtoblackvinyl download page.

RussTCB likes this.
  19. Dhreview16

Dhreview16 Forum Resident

Thanks Beave. This Amazon France price translated to £300 inc. shipping compared with £ 375 on UK Amazon, so I finally pulled the trigger after the good reviews for sound and box quality.

BTW I am reliably informed that worldwide release is actually 12,000 boxes (with 5,000 US and 2,000 UK) and that the titles will get individual release, but no date is set yet (or isn't being announced yet...). The timing of the box set issue was apparently in order to hit Fathers Day (no doubt for those with kindly kids). So there you go.

Goldy, FashionBoy, robtodd and 2 others like this.
  20. rpc_2_uk

rpc_2_uk Forum Resident

With all that vinyl to listen to and 3 World Cup matches a day and a job to hold down my downloads are going to sit on the hard drive for a while. Sorry.

Graham, agn and SonicSorcerer like this.
  21. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

Someone in the other thread mentioned that Mixed Emotions was the correct mix...and not the mix that made it to vinyl. Can you please check that?

22. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

Got home and there it is a thing of beauty number 00831. This is a beautiful collection going to start spinning some vinyl.

levi, Goldy, FashionBoy and 1 other person like this.
  23. The Beave

And thank you for the info.
    12000 makes sense, and with the good reviews overall this might sell out by the Christmas Shopping season.
    Glad I just got a second one.
    Now to open the one on my mantle and start spinning the vinyl.
    beave

24. meandafoe

meandafoe Forum Resident

FashionBoy likes this.
  25. mick_sh

mick_sh Hackney diamond

A very thorough and high quality image unboxing video (in Italian)