Farewell to OPPO Digital

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by SamS, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Huh. Different strokes, I guess. I’ve been listening to two channel SACD on it and it sounds, well, SUBLIME.

ti-triodes likes this.
  2. ti-triodes

ti-triodes Senior Member

Agree 100%. IMO, it easily sounds better than the 103 and 203. Definitely has more solid bass and extended treble. The 205 is a lot more detailed, but it also costs over 2x what the Sony goes for.

Billy Budapest likes this.
  3. ti-triodes

ti-triodes Senior Member

Some more pics of the new Pioneer LX-500. It will support SACD and DVD-A playback. :) If anyone can read Japanese, let us know if those are analog outs. The only pricing I heard was $1350 which doesn’t sound right. There is also a LX-700 (or 800) due in the future.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

tmtomh likes this.
  5. I just received a unique email link to purchase the 205. There is a limit of one per customer.

The Beave and tmtomh like this.
  6. tmtomh

tmtomh Forum Resident

:eek:

Interesting - not what I thought they'd do. I guess they're emailing people in the order they signed up?

The Beave likes this.
  7. CoolJazz

CoolJazz Forum Resident

Just received my email about an hour ago and placed my 205 on order.

Mention made of 3 waves coming. First mention of that I'd seen.

CJ

PS...I actually got two emails about 5 minutes apart. The first link didn't work right and I was about to get worried. I musta hammered it a half a dozen times. Then the second email showed up and it worked right away. Not sure what that all was about.

8. jhw59

jhw59 Forum Resident

The Beave likes this.
  9. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

Yes it has been sold but was available for about an hour after I posted the link.

The Beave likes this.
  10. Since a few months back I had already purchased a 205 from Oppo through a different avenue, I am not going to buy another one now. There is a link to relinquish my spot in the queue, which I am going to do so that another person will be able to purchase one.

11. If anybody wants a BDP-95 with region free board, there is one for $399 in the SHTV classifieds. Hint, Hint! ;)

The Beave and Bill Mac like this.
  12. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

Excellent price for a fine sounding universal player :)!

The Beave and Billy Budapest like this.
  13. There seems to be a handful of 203s on ebay for $700-950 or so. Plus some asking crazy higher amounts.

14. John D.

John D. Senior Member

order accepted for 205 :cheers:

The Beave and Metralla like this.
  15. zeppage2

zeppage2 Forum Resident

Yup, ordered one here too, same price as before.

The Beave likes this.
  16. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

Where's my email? I verified. :cry: :( :help: :waiting: :faint:

PhantomStranger and tmtomh like this.
  17. Dok

Dok Senior Member

205 ordered! How long can this sit on the shelf without deterioration?

The Beave likes this.
  18. zeppage2

zeppage2 Forum Resident

From Oppo:
    Frequently Asked Questions

1. I registered to be notified - why have I not received an e-mail allowing me to buy a UDP-205?

The notification e-mail will come from [email protected] and are sent based on when you registered to validated e-mail addresses. The last batch of UDP-205’s is coming in 3 waves with the 3rd wave being the largest. We are currently selling the 1st wave so you may receive a notification from the 2 remaining waves.
    2. I did not register to be notified but I am still interested in buying a UDP-205. How can I buy one?

We are giving priority to those who have already registered via special e-mail links. If there are any inventory remaining after those who have registered, the UDP-205 will be made available publicly.
    3. How can I buy more than 1 UDP-205?

Due to limited supply and strong demand, we are limiting sales to 1 per customer. Thank you for your understanding.
    4. I received the notification e-mail to buy a UDP-205 but my special link has already expired. Can I still buy one?

To be fair to others who have registered, we must give them a chance to order a UDP-205 during their window of opportunity. If there are any inventory remaining, the UDP-205 will be made available publicly.

19. tmtomh

tmtomh Forum Resident

I haven't gotten one either. I think we'll all get them over the next few days or so.

20. Anyone know how long you have to buy once you receive a link? 24 hours? a week? or?

21. Dok

Dok Senior Member

One week.

PhantomStranger, tmtomh and Mazzy like this.
  22. zeppage2

zeppage2 Forum Resident

From the Oppo email:
    This link is as unique as you are so please do not share. It will expire at 11:59 PM PT on June 29, 2018. Due to the limited quantity available, the limit is 1 per customer. If you are no longer interested in the OPPO UDP-205 and would like to give up this opportunity. Please do not reply to this message.

looks like 7 days...

23. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

where is mine? :)

24. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

Oppo have managed this well - people who signed up first are given priority. Well done.

The Beave, soundQman and Bill Mac like this.
  25. bill b

bill b Forum Resident

got my email, 205 on order

The Beave likes this.