Westwood: Punk, Icon, Activist

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by hybrid_77, Jun 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hybrid_77

hybrid_77 Forum Resident Thread Starter

A film about Vivienne Westwood - designer, activist and icon. It's starting to show in cinemas in the USA at the moment. Here's a little blurb I copied - ..."Since igniting the punk movement with ex-partner and Sex Pistols' manager Malcolm McLaren, Dame Vivienne Westwood has been redefining British fashion for over 40 years and is responsible for creating many of the most distinctive looks of recent time. Blending archival footage and insightful interviews a portrait emerges of Vivienne's fascinating network of collaborators, taking viewers on her journey -- from a childhood in postwar Derbyshire to the runways of Paris and Milan..."

I hope to see it soon.

[​IMG]

Viv at Sex with Chrissie Hynde (giving the finger), Sex Pistol Steve Jones and Jordan, who I believe has a book coming out in the near future.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
    alexpop likes this.
  2. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Bought a pair of her boots once, cost £35.00.

3. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

She ignited the punk movement did she? Ok.

4. hybrid_77

hybrid_77 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Well, not really. She helped out with some clothes, which were fairly expensive for most people. I think they sold a lot of t shirts. The only thing she ever did that has anything to do with the Pistols was suggesting Sid to be the singer. She thought he'd be a good front man. He may have had the look but Lydon got the job. I don't think Sid would have ever been able to come up with any lyrics as good as what John did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.