Farewell to OPPO Digital

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by SamS, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Thank you.

2. Yes. That is not how they originally said they were going to do it, but I am glad they changed to this system of emailing individual links in the order the recipients signed up. I am also glad they made it easy to relinquish your opportunity to purchase, which I did.

tmtomh likes this.
  3. This is how I thought they would do it. Very fair even though I’m much further down the list I assume.

tmtomh and eddiel like this.
  4. bigtail

bigtail Senior Member

Got my email...
    205 on order...

The Beave and tmtomh like this.
  5. David P. Hill

David P. Hill Forum Resident

I haven't received an email from Oppo yet to order. I received the first one a while back. What's the name of the email so I can do a search on my email?
    Thanks.

6. Dok

Dok Senior Member

OPPO UDP-205 4K Ultra HD Audiophile Blu-ray disc player [CORRECTED] (No Reply)

7. They are sending out three batches of emails with the third being the largest so it could be weeks for some to get their email offer.

tmtomh likes this.
  8. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

Mazzy!!!
    You an OPPO man also?
    This is scary, we got a lot in common! o_O

Beave

9. Well yes no and maybe. I bought a 203 from Oppo in April but didn’t open it up yet and I signed up for the 205 remake because I really want the audio upgrade.

Once I saw these emails going out yesterday I sold mine for $910 literally in half an hour in eBay which I’ll apply to a 205 IF I get the email invitation. I haven’t yet.

If I don’t get it then that will be it.

Again the audio DAC is more important to me than the video. But I’m sure I’d love the video too.

10. David P. Hill

David P. Hill Forum Resident

Thanks!!!

11. glide

glide Forum Resident

Does anyone know if they have stock available to ship to those who received the first wave of emails? Or are they planning to take orders first then fulfill them later in the summer?

12. The Beave

Good Morning Mazzy!
    Great sale on the 203!!! Holy Molly, a half an hour.......that's incredible!
    You'll get your invitation soon. I got mine at 4:13 pm last Friday, which is very late in the afternoon right before a weekend, they probably only got a handful out, there will be a slew of them tomorrow morning. Then we rock Seattle with two 205's!
    Mine will be two channel stereo only, I don't care about video, got a pos Sony brings for that, but what a beautiful deck this will be!
    Having Hawaiian French Roast this morning, yum yum.
    Beave

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
    Mazzy likes this.
  13. The Beave

Did you buy it Billy?
    Beave

14. The Beave

When I ordered mine the order page said ' in stock'.
    3 Beave

15. The Beave

WAKE UP EVERYONE!!
    It's OPPO invitation to buy anticipation email day!!!
    Beave

16. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

I think everyone in the first batch has been notified. I figure that last batch will be in August.

17. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

When did you guys sign up to get on the list?

18. The Beave

Within a few hours of the sign up link being posted.
    Beave

chili555 likes this.
  19. The Beave

Don't think so TM, the email I got on Friday was at 4:13 pm pst, OPPO is also pst so that was real late in the day on a Friday.
    I think they just got a few of them out from what I can ascertain from posts here and on AVS forum.
    Beave

20. tmtomh

tmtomh Forum Resident

I signed up early, twice - but I got no confirmation notification at that time from Oppo. Then I signed up again much later in the process, and I immediately got a confirmation notification. So my working assumption is that even though I signed up early, I'm probably going to be in the 3rd and final batch of notifications because for some reason the only sign-up that "stuck" was my later one.

21. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

We shall see tomorrow.

22. The Beave

And boy was THAT GUY WRONG! :D:whistle::hide:
    Beave

Metralla and Tullman like this.
  23. bigtail

bigtail Senior Member

got signed up real early...soon after the link was posted...

24. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Yeah, I got on board April 12. I'm not worried, because Oppo is coming through in June and says there will be two more runs. I like the way Oppo is handling this via confirmed email and one per customer.

Guss2, tmtomh, chili555 and 1 other person like this.
  25. That’s how I feel. I have a hunch they used requests as a barometer for quantities and realize a % will not buy so they can sell off the rest. I think everyone who signed up will at least get an offer to buy. Especially since they cut off the sign up thing awhile back.

The Beave and tmtomh like this.