Radiohead Announce North America Tour - Summer 2018

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Billy_Sunday, Feb 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoodKitty

GoodKitty FloydM

Yes indeed ! Luckily I got to see them three times that week : S.F. Golden Gate Park, Hollywood Bowl and San Diego (Chula Vista) ... but I was never as close as you were. :righton:

2. Billy_Sunday

Billy_Sunday ... formerly ThirdBowl Thread Starter

Nice!

My wife was motivated enough to get dropped off in line at around noon the day of the Chula Vista show to line up for the GA pit. I had reserved seats much farther back but she did that show on the rail. Good for her! Took a few pics too .... not real great but some decent close ups of Thom.

My best Radiohead seats were probably at Shoreline in 2003, section 102. Great taping spot! :)

GoodKitty and George Co-Stanza like this.
  3. Preston

Preston Forum Resident

Agreed! I saw them at an outdoor show in St. Louis maybe 10-12 years ago and the sound was excellent.

4. James Bennett

James Bennett Forum Resident

I know quite a few people who got tickets for the Toronto show; not bots.

It stated in the process that the ticket is delivered to you app a day or two before the show. Not available before then.

Daryl M likes this.
  5. BIG-JG

BIG-JG Forum Resident

Going To MSG, got GA Floor, super excited, saw them last year in Seattle with solid seats.

Billy_Sunday likes this.
  6. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

I will be happy with whatever setlist they play in Boston, but I do sort of hope “The National Anthem” is played.

It was seeing/hearing that song live on SNL that caused my jaw to drop and turned me into an Uber fan rather than casual one!

7. jalexander

jalexander Forum Resident

Funny, that song and in particular that performance put me off Radiohead for years. It took In Rainbows to get me back on board. Apart from Everything in its Right Place, which I loved from first listen, I still find Kid A rather dull.

Billy_Sunday likes this.
  8. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

Music tastes and preferences are Fascinating!

Dave 81828384 likes this.
  9. jalexander

jalexander Forum Resident

Yes, and Radiohead really know how to divide their fans! In my case, it’s not that I pine for the old days. I love King of Limbs, which many fans hate. Go figure.

10. James Bennett

Also love King of Limbs.

11. George Co-Stanza

George Co-Stanza Forum Resident

To me, Kid A is one of those albums where the whole is greater than the sum of its parts, which is saying a lot because it has my favorite Radiohead song (How to Disappear Completely) and a few other top notch Radiohead songs, but it's an album you can turn on and just soak in every last drop.

12. M2225

M2225 Nebulus 7 intergalaxy eclipse

Great for you Americans to get to see Radiohead live.

JeffMo likes this.
  13. Dave 81828384

Dave 81828384 Unremarkable Member

Finally got my tickets today (Centre Bell, July 17). Ordered them February 24. I've bought tickets that were supposed to be delivered closer to the show date before but this is the first time it was true. :laugh:

JeffMo likes this.
  14. Dave 81828384

Well this is a first for me. Had a closer look at my tickets and my name is printed on both. Not sure how my wife will get in. ;)

15. Daryl M

Daryl M Senior Member

I'm confused.....aren't all the tickets phone-only?!

James Bennett likes this.
  16. GK

GK Forum Resident

Wonder when they are going to announce the opening acts..not that it matters too much.

17. GK

GK Forum Resident

I'm in Pittsburgh..hoping for local talent Brett Michaels.

Stone Turntable and Coltrane811 like this.
  18. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

I’m curious to see what the setlists are going to include this tour!

Billy_Sunday likes this.
  19. GK

GK Forum Resident

The South America setlists looked great....I'm guessing they will be similar.

JeffMo likes this.
  20. Dave 81828384

Tickets for Montreal are sold through Evenko not Ticketmaster. That could explain any differences. I had the choice of electronic or standard tickets. If I had bought general admission "tickets" for the floor, I wouldn't have gotten any tickets. Instead, you redeem your purchase at the show with your credit card. Thats my understanding anyway.

21. Ditmasduke

Ditmasduke Forum Resident

A real treat to witness elevator music performed live ;)

22. James Bennett

Huh

23. gregorya

gregorya I approve of this message

I think he meant to say music that elevates people... ;)

GoodKitty and Dave 81828384 like this.
  24. dadonred

dadonred Life’s done you wrong so I wrote you all this song

Too late, already ignored him.

James Bennett likes this.
  25. Maranatha5585

Maranatha5585 BELLA + RIP In Memoriam

Saw them in 2003 in Atlanta the music was fine, but the outdoor amphitheater was brutal... I went solo on this one, no one wanted to go. So, I drove from out of state a couple hours. The weirdest thing is I was like an old man there, so many drunk, wasted young teenagers having their wild experience. I was amazed.. I felt so out of place and plain weird. Never experienced anything quite like it... I think I saw maybe four other people who were over thirty the entire night. This is a band that needs to be seen in a smaller venue. I have not fully kept up with them lately, or their fan base.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.