Jethro Tull: Songs From The Wood 40th Anniversary Edition

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Kim Olesen, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Bhob

Bhob Forum Resident

Amazon has pulled that crap on me several times. They recently told me my 3 month pre-order of Heavy Horses was on back order at the release date and would ship in about 4 weeks. I called and complained and it shipped 2 days later.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  2. Screen shots of delivery progress is a necessity. Please update when it’s “out for delivery”. ;)

@Say It Right

Say It Right and Bill Mac like this.
  3. Say It Right

Say It Right Not for the Hearing Impaired

Damn, never seen that before. It got a couple of likes too!

:hugs:

Wonder if there's a way to link his account to mine, so that status notifications can come directly to my phone?

Shvartze Shabbos likes this.
  4. :biglaugh: Okay, you owe me an iPad . . . I just took a sip of cold brew coffee and was reading this and I spewed all over the screen! :biglaugh:

[​IMG]

Say It Right and tinnox like this.
  5. Say It Right

Say It Right Not for the Hearing Impaired

You should've known better! Shipment status here matters more than the tracking number for Weather Report - Heavy Weather AF SACD that I just purchased off the classifieds. Hopefully he gets his order first!

:evil:

Shvartze Shabbos likes this.
  6. PROGGER

PROGGER Forum Resident

I think these boxes need to be re issued. Ian will make a killing :D

tedhead and Matthew Tate like this.
  7. electronicpaperboy

electronicpaperboy Forum Resident

Then That will demean the whole ethos of limited edition, one press etc? Just buy these fuc-ers!

8. electronicpaperboy

Funny things happen with products just before they go OOP on Amazon. I ended up putting in another order for SFTW after several months of inactivity thinking the other as a 'phantum' then they dispatched both the same day?

Bhob likes this.
  9. Pim

Pim Forum Resident

Don't know what the problem is with posting a screenshot of the package being sent. Several people have complained that Amazon.ca lists it as in stock, but then constantly delaying the order, as happened with mine. I post "proof" that apparently they DO still have copies and I get ridiculed for it?

ermylaw, Tullman and dirie like this.
  10. PROGGER

PROGGER Forum Resident

Easily fixed. How limited do they have to be?

11. electronicpaperboy

And apparently me for being pleased for you, hahaha

12. It’s a little longstanding, inside humor. Wasn't meant to ridicule and some folks seem to appreciate the update showing it is indeed in stock . . . and shipped, so it’s all good. :tiphat:

electronicpaperboy likes this.
  13. Norco74

Norco74 For the good and the not so good…

Yes, some comments could be quite caustic on this forum. You will get used to it (or not)... Important thing is that you, at least, helped someone.

14. JulesRules

JulesRules Weaponized, Deranged Warthog Thug

Well, what about the Tull fans of future generations?

15. tootull

tootull Looking through a glass onion

Runicen and Matthew Tate like this.
  16. electronicpaperboy

Well, we are not getting any younger....

17. JulesRules

JulesRules Weaponized, Deranged Warthog Thug

I mean somebody who gets into the band in, say, ten years. The music should definitely stay available in some form or other.

Norco74 likes this.
  18. Norco74

Norco74 For the good and the not so good…

It is already avalable in a zillion hardrives and servers, unfortunately too often in a tempered format!

19. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

Good. The less "Limited Editions" there are, the better. Music has no value unless it's heard. Limited Editions suit "investors" only - they're to the detriment of music fans, and from a personal standpoint, a cancer in the industry.

granata and Matthew Tate like this.
  20. Deek57

Deek57 Forum Resident

I'm not an investor, I buy these things to listen to. Also I don't think such a high quality product can be anything other than limited.

21. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

Of course not, the worlds resources aren't infinite. But that's taking it to silly lengths. Think back in the day. In the 70's albums went OOP, but not nearly as quickly as today. To keep it in print you don't have to press a million of them on day one - you watch the market, keep track of the numbers, and produce batches as and when. It's really not difficult, or impossible at all.

There are a lot of people who are buying for "investment" these days, fueled by RSD and colored this or that - the music is less important than the exclusivity.

Of course, the music doesn't have to keep the same form, although I'd personally insist on physical product. So, as I've written elsewhere, I'd love to see some clamshell box set editions of these Tull releases in the future. That would allow fans of the music to enjoy it without paying through the nose for it, and hopefully increase profitability.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
    tedhead, JulesRules and ParloFax like this.
  22. Deek57

Deek57 Forum Resident

Nobody has to pay through the nose for anything, that's a choice people make, more fool them for "fueling" speculators..

electronicpaperboy likes this.
  23. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

Of course they don't have to. They don't have to buy any music at all. They could go climb mountains, invent new vacuum cleaners, or lay tarmac. But - on this site we're music lovers, so I'm not sure that's relevant. I find the argument that they don't have to buy something, as a justification for the price gouging, very odd. Perhaps that's just me. :hide:

tedhead, dirie and DaverJ like this.
  24. PROGGER

PROGGER Forum Resident

From now on all past Tull albums should be released as the remixed sets without the dvds and live cds. Just 1 cd with all the album and the studio extras from the set. Tull without the bonus stuff is only half the band

Matthew Tate likes this.
  25. electronicpaperboy

Limited editions suit record companies, ageing rockers pensions and retired old rockers with the minimum of financial outlay and effort. If they can re-packaged and resell stuff lying around their archives collecting dust to a dwindling, cash rich ageing public, still hellbent on buying physical products they will. The music is out there and still will be for evermore in formats we can't even imagine. Im afraid It's old codgers like us buying the same music in physical formats, this IS the thing that's limited and increasingly rare. Then when it's sold out, they can repackaged it again for us to buy yet another version of Aqualung and make lots more money as they get bu--er all by streaming it.

Matthew Tate and Deek57 like this.