New Paul McCartney album "Egypt Station" coming September 7, 2018*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by etcetera, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Haristar

Haristar Apollo C. Vermouth

If there's one thing that recent years has taught me, it's that common sense can not be applied to Paul McCartney. :)

jricc and Derek Slazenger like this.
  2. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

CROWS are typically a symbol of bad luck and death. They pop up in many blues songs, along with dogs at the door, which didn't bode well for the singer.

theMess, mrjinks, Tord and 4 others like this.
  3. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

Sorry I only just saw these; catching up with this mammoth thread has taken me the better part of four days haha! Thank you so much for the kind words, I really appreciate them. :)

And @Bemagnus, you are right; I'm enjoying 'Come On To Me' more with every listen!

4. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Get well and nice to hear from you
    :)

theMess likes this.
  5. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Pauls next single might Standing at the Crossroads with my thumbs up.....

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
  6. Monasmee

Monasmee Forum Ruminant

And thanks for all the likes. Don’t know where to put them all. ;)

Well wishes....

MsMaclen, mrjinks, Zeki and 2 others like this.
  7. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

...trying to flag a ride.

And James Corden stops and picks him up.

8. scoostraw

scoostraw Forum President

Right. I didn't miss much. Except maybe Vanilla Sky.

9. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

They should pull a PR stunt and announce that due to overwhelming interest they are going to release the album immediately for download and streaming and the CDs will be released on September 7th, because I assume they aren't pressed and ready to go yet anyway.

Edit: I just read Eska68's post or I would have referenced his post and agreed.

theMess, Paulwalrus and Eska68 like this.
  10. scoostraw

scoostraw Forum President

No it is not.

Frank and I have discussed this at length and have concluded decisively that based on hair color, this is a more recent photo.

theMess and Frank like this.
  11. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

To each their own

scoostraw likes this.
  12. Glenn Christense

And if there's one thing I've learned here over the years it's that Frank knows hair .

;)

13. Beaneydave

Beaneydave Forum Resident

Yes but it’s just us lot on here watching it over & over
    ;)

peace and love✌Dave

14. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

What do you mean I only seen it 57 times
    Actually only one

Beaneydave likes this.
  15. Jonpd

Jonpd Forum Resident

That is my local as well. They did have the super deluxe Tug Of War when that came out.

16. Frank

Frank Senior Member

If you only knew how truly funny that is.

17. Glenn Christense

My insider, who doesn't want to be named because Sean says he gets too many PMs about his info says that the super duper once in a lifetime mega, strictly limited to 150,000 copies box set will contain a lock of Paul's black hair before he let it go natural .

And, not to be outdone by the Concert for George box set, a swatch of the actual shower curtain from his Cavendish home will be housed in the cover of the special presentation case, to be admired and proudly shown to friends.

18. Glenn Christense

Well, my ears are burning now, but if it's too much information to share with us I'll understand . :D

theMess likes this.
  19. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

It seems like Egypt Station is following the same basic promo cycle as most pop albums: a single and a big promo push a few months ahead of the release date is very common. I would expect a music video to come soon, tour dates to be announced, and maybe another song to be released before September 7th. In fact, releasing two singles as a double single has been done too. Panic! At The Disco did it ahead of the latest album. It's a good chance to show different aspects of the album. If they just release the album now, it would take away all the build up and excitement.

SixOClockBoos, Bemagnus and Monasmee like this.
  20. moople72

moople72 Forum Resident

I've got something in me eye.........loved it (Carpool Karaoke)......the voice is worn.....but the optimism is sincere, nay, overpowering......and the host helped make it great----I am he as you are he.

21. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

So....let me see if I've got this straight....
    we don't know if the "2 bonus tracks" on the Target version will be in the SUPER-DELUXE EDITION???
    :wtf:

22. Monasmee

Monasmee Forum Ruminant

Paul‘s latest could be a rare fluke whereby the record company forced an early single most likely through his manager.

Is so, the question then becomes whether said AA single will be included on the 50th anniversary album five decades from now. ;)

23. supermd

supermd Senior Member

I have to second what someone else mentioned earlier: "Come On To Me" sounds like it's a bonus track from New. It very much has that feel. To me, it's not single material, even though I like it.

24. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry?

Great minds man, I posted the same thing a couple of days ago.

theMess, Eska68 and Glenn Christense like this.
  25. Glenn Christense

I respectfully submit that regardless of what videos are released,or tour dates announced, etc., by September 7th the non Hoffman world will have forgotten / won't care that the album is released.
    The Corden car pool thing is a lightning strikes once thing for a guy in Paul's age bracket. That WAS the build up and excitement IMO.

Paul appeared on every TV show except
    The 700 Club to push New and it didn't help sales much from what I recall.

After September 7th I'll go on record that the album will do typical Paul McCartney sales numbers .

If I'm wrong please feel free to pull up my post here and I'll eat humble flaming pie. :p

theMess, Paul H, Sean Murdock and 9 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.