Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

Oh wel too late for me hah. It seems to go on sale a lot anyway probably will Black Friday

latheofheaven likes this.
  2. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

Yep, me too... wouldn't you know that the thread would choose right in the MIDDLE of Amazon Prime day NOT to notify me... [​IMG]

3. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

4. Stealers Wheel has the popular hit Stuck In The Middle With You, while The Gilded Palace of Sin by the Flying Burrito Bros. has Gram Parsons at his country rock best. It has a perfect mastering handled by Kevin Gray, using a 1/2" safety copy of the original master tapes. Speaking frankly, I would take those two albums over 90% of what Audio Fidelity put out in recent years.

Walt, hutlock, ccn103 and 7 others like this.
  5. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

6. hartonr

hartonr Forum Resident

Just received this LP. Just to let everybody know this is the 1 LP version, not the 2 LP UK version. I like the music but the masterng is not very good, msybe too much music pressed per side. I have not heard a UK version so font know if it sounds better or not.

Just my 2 cents...

7. latheofheaven

Hmmm... thanks for letting us know. I have mine, but I haven't listened to it yet. I also was kind of expecting the 2 LP version (wasn't it supposed to be pink too...?) I have to go back and check the Amazon listing. Maybe they described the wrong one.

***EDIT

Yep..., sure enough I DID see the 2 LP mentioned here in one of the descriptions on the Amazon item page:

"Double vinyl LP pressing. After a steady build up of stateside buzz and support, Kettering, England's favorite psychedelic sons Temples are announcing their debut full-length, Sun Structures. It's a record that's destined to set out the band's stall as Britain's premier retro-futurists, with influences ranging from '60s psychedelia to Motown, glam, and Krautrock, all viewed through a very modern kaleidoscope - and always keeping the song at the heart of it all. Recorded in the box-room of guitarist/vocalist James Bagshaw's home, the aim was "Jack Nitzsche on a DIY budget," and with one listen to first single off the record, "Mesmerize," it's pretty clear that they've succeeded."

8. hartonr

hartonr Forum Resident

It happens, no worries.

9. latheofheaven

Well, I'll give it a listen, and if I get the same impression you did, back it goes... :)

10. Myke

You can't trust information on an Amazon page.
    So many of us keep repeating this over, and over, and over.
    My favorite example is when the reviews for other past versions of an item appear on the page of a new planned release, that hasn't been released YET. :laugh:

frogfog and latheofheaven like this.
  11. latheofheaven

Yes, absolutely!

***EDIT

Just in case it doesn't sound that great, it gives a perfectly legitimate reason for return...

Myke likes this.
  12. hartonr

hartonr Forum Resident

I will be interested in what you think. Just finished the entire LP. I like the music but the sound is kind of flat, plus a few Random pops thru out.

13. Myke

If the UPC matches, then it's the version you want. Others have noted that even then, they've received an incorrect item, which I have no doubt of, just has never happened to me in 11 years shopping there. :tiphat:

14. latheofheaven

Sure thing mate! I had not known about them before, but after listening to the snippets from the album I really liked the material. I remember checking on Discogs about the different versions. I don't know if it is true in EVERY case, but one would think that a 2 LP version SHOULD sound better unless they really screwed up the mastering. Certainly the 2 LP remasters of The Cure's Disintegration, Fleetwood Mac's Rumours, Alan Parson's I Robot, and most DEFINITELY Ted Nugent's S/T all do...

aoxomoxoa likes this.
  15. Myke

Which version is a 2 record set ? The 2014 Analogue Productions is a single record.

16. latheofheaven

aoxomoxoa likes this.
  17. Myke

aoxomoxoa and latheofheaven like this.
  18. latheofheaven

aoxomoxoa and Myke like this.
  19. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

That link specifically shows there's only a single disc. It also shows the year and the banner under which it was released. Quickly saw there's only a single possibility as to which pressing this was.

For all the cracks about Amazon posting inaccurate info, I've never run into that problem. By matching on Discogs the aforementioned info, I've always quickly and easily found which version this was for and have always been 100% accurate in my findings.

20. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

big thanks to you guys who mentioned the Erasure on Intervention Records reissue. wow this thing sounds amazing. great deal at $13.99!

21. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

^^^ You beat me to the punch by about 5 minutes. Just spun the BAD and am now playing Erasure. I'd be hard pressed to name any recently issued vinyl that sounds nicer. And the sleeves, heavy and quality. Not bad for a crummy title :shake:.

Intervention has my attention now!

22. latheofheaven

Which Erasure album do you mean? There are about 3 on Amazon right now for around $10 - $13. Thanks!

23. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

24. latheofheaven

25. jimhb

jimhb Forum Resident

I just wish Intervention would release The Circus. They won’t release it due to poor Wonderland sales.