More ...Signed Photos, LPs, Picture Sleeves, Promos, Memorabilia, Ephemera, etc.*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Maranatha5585, Oct 20, 2017.

1. MerseyBeatle

MerseyBeatle Martha my dear (1995-2012)

Bruce,

I’ve looked in the Parloohone book by Spizer and Daniels as well as the American Records Price Guide by Cox and Daniels and unfortunately, neither book has anything about your record. The Parlophone book does not mention the mono box (at least from what I could see). The Price Guide does have an entry for the Mono 1980’s Mono box, but nothing about test pressings. Sorry my friend. Perhaps reaching out to Bruce, Perry, or Frank directly may yield an answer.

2. MerseyBeatle

Newspaper ad for The Beatles September 20, 1964 New York show.

[​IMG]

3. MerseyBeatle

R.E.M.’s Life’s Rich Pageant CD signed by Peter Buck.

[​IMG]

oboogie and Maranatha5585 like this.
  4. MerseyBeatle

My first Butcher cover. I’ve had several since and have sold all of them except my first one. A beautiful mono 3rd state with no tears or blemishes. I bought this in the mid 80’s from a guy whose father was a music critic for a small New England newspaper in the sixties. Apparently, the father didn’t like RnR records and only like jazz and classical. So, he gave this to his son who must have peeled it soon after he got it because it’s perfect. None of the Butcher is missing. For years I thought it was a 1st state as it’s so clean. But, under a magnifying glass you see see some slight glue residue in the top right corner. Only a small bit. I’ve seen a lot of peeled Butchers, but none with this good of a peel job. Interestingly, the record that came with it is a stereo copy. Not sure if it came that way from Capitol or was switched later.

[​IMG]

OneStepBeyond, jricc, mrjinks and 5 others like this.
  5. MerseyBeatle

Cardboard promo item for A Hard Days Night Film. 1964. I’ve got a ticket that goes with it (came from a scrapbook) but need to photograph it.
    [​IMG]

6. Maranatha5585

Maranatha5585 BELLA + RIP In Memoriam Thread Starter

Appreciate you checking.. my hope was there would be some mention, or at least one photo of the test press label documentation. There is no question as to it's authenticity, but I would like to find any additional information on them. I wrote the guy an email who has the one listing on his site, I asked for his permission to copy the page. There seems no direct link to the web page, there are many subheadings.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
    MerseyBeatle likes this.
  7. MerseyBeatle

A nice near mint mono promo of Dean Martin’s 1964 LP ‘Dream With Dean’.

[​IMG]

geo50000, oboogie and Maranatha5585 like this.
  8. Maranatha5585

The Beatles - Original Black Light Posters
    U.S. Ahh.. those were the days .. I remember in 1971 I had a hippie room in the basement of our house. I had a large black light that was at least three foot long.. I painted the walls with black light paint, and covered it with these fantastic Beatles and other psychedelic pop posters .. We used to hitchhike to the new mall and get them at Spencer Gifts.. anyone else remember these ? Unfortunately, they are all long gone.. If you can find a NM copy of these babies expect to pay $. These were my favorite Beatles posters.
    c., 1971.

[​IMG]

The best... what memories!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
  9. Maranatha5585

Hank Williams - The Great
    U.S. Montgomery, AL. - The Hank Williams Museum.
    I took this photo on my first visit to the museum, it's only about a one hour drive from me. If you ever get the chance.. GO! This was Hank's automobile, he died in the back seat sometime New Years Eve night 1953. A bad snow storm made it impossible to fly to scheduled concerts up north, so he hired a friend to drive him. Suffering from extreme back pain, he drank and took pills for the constant pain. When they stopped for gas in W.VA .. Hank had died of a heart attack brought on by alcohol and addiction.
    c., 1953.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I took this photo in Nashville, TN at the Country Music HOF Museum exhibit.
    Hank Williams well used suit case that was in the trunk of his car when he passed away.
    [​IMG]

This was Hank's boyhood home in Georgiana, AL.
    It is a historic landmark, and open to the public.. at least it was about 13 years ago when I went. I used to stop by on the way to the beach.
    [​IMG]

10. marmil

marmil It's such a long story...

Just got this

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. marmil

...and this. This is a 13 page treatment, written by Kit Lambert in 1968, for a proposed film of The Who's Tommy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OneStepBeyond, chewy, oboogie and 2 others like this.
  12. marmil

13. Maranatha5585

The Beatles - ''Yesterday And Today'' Alternate LP Cover Slick
    U.S. Capitol Records 1966 alternate cover slick for the butcher cover. There were several possible designs considered, some were absolutely hideous.. I always felt Capitol should have definitely used the purple cover which eventually popped up on the 8 track tape.

This full front Stereo slick could have been a contender...
    However, I question the need for the slant of the photo and title, and think it ruined any chance. Straightened out , this would have been better than what we got. The only reason I'm posting this now, I am possibly considering purchasing a NM original slick. This was the only photo I had in my archives... There have been reprint knock-offs, this would require some serious homework.

[​IMG]

14. MerseyBeatle

Groovy. That YS poster is awesome.

oboogie and Maranatha5585 like this.
  15. MerseyBeatle

¿Qué?

:confused:

16. Derek Slazenger

Derek Slazenger Specs, rugs & rock n roll

What was the provenance for this? :)

17. Maranatha5585

Perry Cox had a signed note from a woman who got it in person December 2, 1980. She said she walked up to them and said Hi, asked John to sign.. She said her Mom who had passed away, loved the Beatles and John. She came down from NJ hoping to get John to sign .. it went on about a pet monkey or something, and she said John shook it's hand saying "Everybody's got something to hide except for me and my monkey". Then, they had to go, and John said "All You Need Is Love". It also came with Perry's LOA.

Rather a strange story with John and all the lyric quoting...

oboogie likes this.
  18. Maranatha5585

lI was looking at the MMT signed Lennon LP, and I tried to understand why someone would sell an album that John Lennon signed for them six days before he was murdered .. People change, and she did say it was like doing something for her Mom, that she couldn't do. And, there's the
    money.

I looked hard at it and thought which would I rather have if I had my choice between my signed Apple Records 8 X 10 promotional glossy for "Rock 'N' Roll" beautifully signed at WFiL in 1975 .. I'll tell you, I would keep the one I have. It is absolutely NM, not an edge bump or crinkle. Crisp NM w/ four perfect corners. Gem perfect 10. With Frank and Perry LOA's.
    I understand signed LP's are amazing. Things happen for a reason sometimes... It just happens one of my all-time favorite photographs is the Jurgen Vollmer Hamburg shot. I mean who would believe I bought it from one of the biggest Beatles dealers way back in 1978 for $12.00 .. and he had two. So, I let my friend have the other one.
    c., 1978 Beatlefest Chicago.

Sometimes God smiles...

[​IMG]

OneStepBeyond, Loup, mrjinks and 3 others like this.
  19. Derek Slazenger

Derek Slazenger Specs, rugs & rock n roll

I'm not 100% sure about it :) I don't think I'd want any money in it.

20. Maranatha5585

What exactly is it you do not like ? .. I'm just curious

21. oboogie

oboogie Forum Resident

Absolutely incredible!

MerseyBeatle and Maranatha5585 like this.
  22. Maranatha5585

Thanks Rufe... probably the biggest blessing ever, and being able to turn a friend on to one.
    This, and that $25.00 sealed mono ''The Beatles VS The Four Seasons'' LP in 1974. Smile.
    Hard to believe I've had it for forty years now.. all the moves everywhere. Blessed!

23. oboogie

oboogie Forum Resident

You are a very kind soul Bruce. I really hope you and I and others from your thread can meet up at the opening of the Bob Dylan Center. I know a good time is guaranteed for all.

24. Maranatha5585

Upon further examination and enquiry I feel that the alternate Y&T slick is an early reprint from c., 1970 .. ie: therefore not original.

MerseyBeatle likes this.
  25. Maranatha5585

I'm counting on it my friend, I've already told my wife about it .. :biglaugh:

oboogie and MerseyBeatle like this.