Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Trabik

Trabik Forum Resident

It's finally cooled down enough here in NC to get the fire going. The room still isn't finished, but I figured with the fire going, I would post a few new photos.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

JUCO, Don Parkhurst, BigGame and 45 others like this.
  2. timztunz

timztunz Audioista

Very nice and cozy setup. I do the same, leave one title pulled out of the rack so I know where to put back the LP that's leaned against the turntable rack either being played or soon to be. :)

3. freesole

freesole Forum Resident

Thank you sir! I forgot that I had left the whiskey there as I was just taking pictures of it.

There are 4 doors on this console with shelving within. It is a very versatile system that looks pretty good too.

Thanks. I have the Primaluna hooked up to my Anthem MRX via the HT Bypass. Sub-out on the Primaluna is also being used to integrate the sub.

Thanks! It is a very wide open living space (dining room, living room and kitchen) so it isn't ideal only in the sense that room treatment options are very limited. I love being in this room though - it is where we (and guests) spend the majority of our time.

Manimal, jpelg and Johnny Vinyl like this.
  4. Trabik

Trabik Forum Resident

I like to think that it's not OCD, it's OCO. It's not a disorder, it's order. I think more than a few of us have this diagnoses :tiphat:

timztunz likes this.
  5. chrism1971

chrism1971 Forum Resident

It's Garrard. From Swindon.

6. gd0

gd0 Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies

Now that's how you modify the dashboard of a '58 Fairlane!

Madness, 33na3rd and Manimal like this.
  7. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

[​IMG]

Me too, a 500C

BigGame, mktracy, bluemooze and 11 others like this.
  8. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

Very nice! Love the wood faces on the wall.

PhilBiker, Trabik and SandAndGlass like this.
  9. Trabik

Trabik Forum Resident

Thanks - those are mostly clay from Ecuador and Guatemala - here's shot of joust the masks:

[​IMG]

We have a pair from Nigeria, which are both wood. These, as well as, the Ecuador and Guatemala masks are probably my favorites in the house.

[​IMG]

BigGame, mktracy, bluemooze and 10 others like this.
  10. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

Super cool!

Dennis0675, SandAndGlass and Trabik like this.
  11. jonwoody

jonwoody Tragically Unhip

Love that room love the dark wood floors and that console is gorgeous! No system info on your profile page may I ask what brand of speakers?

12. jacks2start

jacks2start Active Member

nice setup,, what are the speakers and cartridge your using..

13. freesole

freesole Forum Resident

Thanks! These are Ascend Acoustic Sierra Towers with RAAL tweeters. For the $, these punch way above their weight. I reviewed these against the Focal Aria 936's and these came out on top in my home. The Focal's sure were pretty though :)

14. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

I had a 400, but @Dennis0675 paved the way to me getting a KX-200 since I didn't need the tuner or headphone jack.

15. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

Holy cow I was just looking to upgrade my Sierra-1s the other day. I think I may go with 3 Horizons for my center and monitors rather than the towers. How are those tweeters? Not many of us Ascend owners here. :love::cheers:

freesole likes this.
  16. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

I forgot about that, how did it work out for you?

RDriftwood likes this.
  17. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

Well you beat me to posting the first (near) all Ascend rig on the forum (I think). Maybe I'll beat you to the Rhythmik sub.

freesole likes this.
  18. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

It's a dream. My unit is the heart of my system and it looks brand new. No smudges, rust, marks or scuffs and it's been worked on so the tubes run cooler. The tone controls are a godsend for taming some newly mastered CDs with ghastly EQ.

EDIT: only issue is bass management with my sub. I'll need to upgrade to 3 way monitors soon. Newer subs don't have high level outputs.

RDriftwood and Dennis0675 like this.
  19. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

If you want to see the rig I'm working toward see @freesole 's Ascend rig above. My goal is to get that exact system (with a Rythmik sub) running with the KX-200, although I may get three of the Horizons (his/her center speaker) rather than the Towers (floorstanders). I'm an Ascend fanboy.

20. freesole

freesole Forum Resident

It is always fun to see another Ascend owner. The Horizon is a fantastic speaker that takes all those qualities from the towers and puts them in a different package. It is an end game center speaker for me.

The RAAL tweeters are the best that I have heard (not including those speakers north of $10k). Extremely clear and detailed but with an airy, natural quality to it. Not fatiguing at all even with songs in the higher frequency range. You would love the RAAL tweeters.

21. Open shelving or closed drawers? I think i prefer the open.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

22. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

F a sub, get Cornwall’s

RDriftwood and fishcane like this.
  23. freesole

freesole Forum Resident

:laugh: I have heard great things about the Rhythmik! At the time I built this system I wanted to keep costs down and allocate as much as possible to the speakers. The Hsu Research is a great sub but I have always wondered about the Rhythmik. Let us know what you think when you get one!

24. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

Your "modest" set-up is my end game rig. I am envious. Are you running digital or analog?

PhilBiker likes this.
  25. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

I got a 5.1. (I'm also a film buff). The Fisher works fine as long as the sub has high level outs. I can't confirm yet, but I imagine three way monitors will negate the need for that though.