New Jersey record store recommendations

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by TommyTunes, Aug 15, 2023.

1. ryuundo

ryuundo Forum Resident

Someone has already recommended my previous thread, but you should check out the Vinyl Dinosaur in Bayville, NJ. They have lots of records, CDs, cassettes, and even 8-tracks to check out, as well as audio equipment, turntables, and instruments. They also sell non-musical stuff like books, DVDs, VHS tapes, some Laserdiscs, cameras, and artwork. There's a lot to check out when you go to this store.

zphage likes this.
  2. statcat

statcat Forum Resident

It's been there over 30 years for sure. I'm not sure of an exact date but I'd wager mid to late 80s? It's still looks exactly the same as then too inside.

3. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

What is the best record store in NJ other than PREX? It seems like Scotti’s has gotten mixed reviews online

4. ryuundo

ryuundo Forum Resident

I frequent the Vinyl Dinosaur, but that may be a bit far for you in New York.

5. Chee

Chee Forum Resident

Time with Wayne New Jersey Record Show.

Cronverc likes this.
  6. Cronverc

Cronverc Forum Resident

I second that. You need a car to get there, so most of 20 years old city kids, who usually drive prices up in NYC, are out of the competition in this case ;).

7. Chee

Chee Forum Resident

True, they don't go to that one.

8. TakiJones

TakiJones Senior Member

For anyone who used to shop at Music Merchant in Westwood, the owner John Schlapak has sadly passed away.
    Lots of great memories in that store.

9. Chee

Chee Forum Resident

Lots of owners and dealers are getting old or passed away. I was shocked at the Denver record show at the sight of some dealers I didn't recognize.