Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. jazzsurfer

jazzsurfer Forum Resident

Point of departure, 19 and change
    Mode for Joe 21 and change

latheofheaven likes this.
  2. popscene

popscene Senior Member

That's a great deal. Like all Bathers records, it's a slow burning gem.

hutlock, latheofheaven and SJP like this.
  3. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

:agree:

hutlock likes this.
  4. theycallmemitch

theycallmemitch Forum Resident

Deep Discount shows it releasing April 12 so expect this to continue to be pushed back in 2 week intervals ad infinitum

5. TerpStation

TerpStation "Music's not for everyone."

Stephen Stills Live At Berkeley 1971 down to $17.52

Amazon.com

6. threequartersbaked

threequartersbaked Forum Resident

I just ordered Grant Green - Green Is Beautiful (Blue Note Classic Vinyl Series)[LP] for $7.97! Says ship/sold by Amazon, but doesn't deliver for 2 weeks. For that price I'll roll the dice.

7. TerpStation

TerpStation "Music's not for everyone."

8. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

If you don't have to have the book, all the CDs plus a much less impressive book is coming out for $39:

Amazon.com .

Your call whether the book is worth $100 by itself.

9. ngower

ngower Forum Resident

It's been this price a few times, seems like it hasn't sold all that well. It's a great release if you like guitar jazz, no brainer for the price.

latheofheaven, dasacco and hutlock like this.
  10. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Yeah I’m in. Thanks for the tip.

11. CD Addict

CD Addict Bonus tracks? Yes, please.

I took the same route and ordered that Waterboys SDE via Amazon/Amazon Japan as the seller on March 22nd - shipped & shows delivery by April 5th. Deep Discount really let me down unfulfilling my January 4th pre-order. This one stings but lesson learned. Good to hear you secured a copy!

12. CD Addict

Just a heads up on the non-deluxed/clamshell format for The Waterboys “1985 - How The Waterboys Made This Is The Sea…” a few sites are suggesting that version is limited to 1,000. If the larger big book set sold out at 3,000…demand is most assuredly exceeding supply. Perhaps previous Waterboys releases and unsold inventory translated into very low production runs this time. Here’s a link showing the clamshell version at 1,000:

the waterboys - 1985 - how the waterboys made this is the sea and saw the whole of the moon - resident

13. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident

Shout out to @Kym for correcting my mistake. Fixed it!
    =============
    Some new cheapies on Amazon:

Cidny Bullens is still making records. His 2023 album is down to $9.27 shipped
    Amazon.com

Black To Comm make challenging music for Thrill Jockey. His latest 'Zeenath Parallel Heavens ' is $8.21 shipped
    Amazon.com

Maya Dunietz is a quiet jazz piano player. Her album from 2023 is lovely, almost experimental. $9.94 shipped
    Amazon.com

Tropico is a modern Italian pop singer. His 2023 2LP set, autographed in an Italian Amazon Exclusive, is just $10.47 shipped. 2 only - you know what that means
    Amazon.com

Elise Leavy, a "Laurel Canyon" styled singer songwriter, issued her debut LP in 2023. $10.60 shipped
    Amazon.com

Ivo Neame - solo piano jazz from 2023 - "Live At Turner Sims" for $10.65 shipped
    Amazon.com

Manntra's 2023 German album down to $10.70 shipped. "For fans of Rammstein, Eluveitie ..."
    Amazon.com

Ribozyme is a Norwegian rock band, heavier than I generally like. Still, it'd cost you $50+ from Discogs. $10.74 shipped. I instantly thought of UK band Placebo on first listen and, sure enough, Amazon's writeup says the same thing
    CELESTIAL LOW, by Ribozyme

The Nits have a 2LP live set on MoV for just $10.90 shipped
    Amazon.com

Sarah Morrison has ties to Of Montreal. Her 2023 album 'Attachment Figure' is artsier than I expected. Listenable though ... $10.77 in Like New condition from Amazon Warehouse
    Amazon.com

Mojo Men 'There Goes My Mind', a 2023 psychedelic pop reissue on Sundazed. There are cheap Acceptable and Very Good Condition copies from Amazon Warehouse
    Amazon.com

I bought this last August. It's even cheaper now. One of those piano+electronics albums (Olafur Arnalds, Nils Frahm, etc). Giovanni Di Domenico 'Succo Di Formiche' for $11.26 shipped
    Amazon.com

Mark Van Hoen's drone project is called Drone. "The Long Song" is a long song. Loved it, bought it last year. $11.43 shipped
    Amazon.com

Cantaro Ihara from Japan - his album 'Portray' is not my thing, but it's cheappp at $11.74 shipped. "Deftly weaving everything from 70's soul to AOR to city pop into his sound, Cantaro Ihara makes pitch-perfect groove-forward pop music."
    Amazon.com

I listen to almost everything on Bella Union. Wren Hinds from South Africa had a 2023 album with them. $11.61 shipped
    Amazon.com

Last year's reissue of Flamin Groovies 'Sneakers' on 12" is over $20 everywhere else for some reason. Down to $11.71 shipped
    Amazon.com

Super low price on a fun Christmas album. The 2LP set 'Big Band Holidays 2" are modern recordings by top NYC players. $5.13 shipped in Very Good condition from Amaozn Warehouse
    Amazon.com

Not my thing, but a 2LP tribute with modern German punk bands covering songs from the Golden Lemons (Die Golden Zitronen) for $6.02 shipped in Very Good condition from Amazon Warehouse
    Amazon.com

Wolf Parade's 'Cry Cry Cry', 2017 on Sub Pop, 3 sides on 2LPs, for $7.32 shipped in Like New condition from Amazon Warehouse
    Amazon.com

High - energy electro dance with vocals from Creme de Menthe: 2LP's for just $7.32 shipped
    Amazon.com

Tenhi 'Valkana', 2LP's on white vinyl, dark ambient / folk / metal from Europe costs $40+ new. $8.26 shipped in Very Good condition from Amazon Warehouse
    Amazon.com

Gustavo Dudamel's 2008 classical album with the Simon Bolivar Orchestra of Latin music was reissued on a 2LP set from Deutsche Grammaphon in 2023. Just $10. 86 shipped in Like New condition from Amazon Warehouse
    Amazon.com

Did we do this one before? Hedvig Mollestad is a German jazz guitarist. A big 2LP set with big band, on the respected Rune Grammaphon label, 2023, is just $12.48 shipped. That's a $28 price drop....
    Amazon.com

Bird Steets 'Lagoon' is "baroque pop", that sounds about right. 2LP's, 2023 release, guests include Aimee Wilco, Ed Harcourt, a-guy-from-Wilco ... $12.71 shipped
    Amazon.com

Principe Valiente is a Swedish band that used to sound a lot like Sisters Of Mercy. They've got a new direction that sounds like that post-punk / goth sound we were gushing about last week. They have a new album coming out soon on Metropolis, an expensive label and one I rarely see discounted. The LP pre-order is priced at $16.19 shipped - probably a pricing mistake
    Amazon.com

Last edited: Mar 28, 2024
  14. Kym

Kym Former Resident

Actually, Cindy transitioned to Cidny and came out as a transgender man in 2012.

Little Pieces is his second album as Cidny.

15. 5-String

5-String μηδὲν ἄγαν

@DapperGentleman thanks as always!
    I was in the audience in one of the Nits concerts!!!!!

16. latheofheaven

Shagged the Manntra, thank you Sir! :tiphat:

An excellent example of really simple compositions, but I feel excellently arranged. Very nice use of vocal overlays which really adds to the mood. Strong vibe really accentuated by the lead guy's voice which I surprisingly find quite good and well fitting to the mood of the album.

Songs are short and sweet, following a definite formula, but again this to me is a very good example of how if you arrange even simple songs in an engaging way, they can still be fairly compelling.

5-String and hutlock like this.
  17. zeppage2

zeppage2 Forum Resident

One day until the Beethoven drop: can't wait! (Actually I have been waiting...)

18. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

it's so close i can taste it...

CD Addict and latheofheaven like this.
  19. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

Last edited: Mar 28, 2024
  20. CD Addict

So I’m watching the Iowa State vs Illinois game (with my daughter who goes to U of I) and at half decided to check in on the deals, this comment is the best assist I’ve seen all night. @latheofheaven … you have missed the shot. An easy layup.

@GentleSenator well played.

GentleSenator and latheofheaven like this.
  21. pacvr

pacvr Forum Resident

22. neubian

neubian Forum Resident

Looks like it dropped and died at the same time...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 29, 2024
  23. latheofheaven

*sigh... I considered it...

But, with @GentleSenator sometimes it's just too easy...

CD Addict likes this.
  24. 5-String

5-String μηδὲν ἄγαν

Amazon now says April 12......I talked to someone or a bot through their chat system and they said release date is April 12. I pointed out to them that this looks to be available now but they wanted me to cancel and reorder it. I said no, I will wait until April 12 :D
    I am curious to see how far this will go. I want to see if they will honor their pre-order price guarantee.

25. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

HA! The Grant Green is back up to $25 but not before becoming the #1 Best Seller in Jazz on Amazon...Wonder why??? :winkgrin:

latheofheaven and throwupmyhands like this.