Mr Bungle

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Les Gillingham, Feb 3, 2024.

1. Les Gillingham

Les Gillingham Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Mr Bungle playing London for the first time in years . I was at the last one . Anyone else?

NightGoatToCairo likes this.
  2. Uzi_of_Ooze

Uzi_of_Ooze Forum Resident

I still can't wrap my head around Scott Ian being a member.

3. motionoftheocean

motionoftheocean Senior Member

why

4. mr.datsun

mr.datsun Incompletist

What do you think they will be playing? Material-wise?

5. Danikk74

Danikk74 Forum Resident

I could see that if it was largely first album type stuff, but he's perfect for the Raging Wrath stuff, and thats basically all that this lineup is doing for the most part.

jumpinjulian likes this.
  6. mr.datsun

mr.datsun Incompletist

If it’s the Raging Wrath album, I’ll not go.

FuturisticWorkshop likes this.
  7. jumpinjulian

jumpinjulian Forum Resident

mr.datsun likes this.
  8. eeglug

eeglug Senior Member

9. FuturisticWorkshop

FuturisticWorkshop Forum Resident

As a fan that found the demos through traders in the late 90’s, I honestly thought they they were being clowns and joking around by playing that thrash metal stuff on the demo. I honestly didn’t know they liked Anthrax until this project came together (re-recording the RWofEB demo). I saw Bungle on the California tour. They were all amazing individually and as a unit, but I have almost no interest in this version of the band doing that material seriously. I would bet that although they sold plenty of colored variant vinyl to collector fans, I would bet that plenty of copies didn’t sell. I would even go as far as to say that less Bungle fans like this version than fans that do. That said, their cover of Van Halen’s “Loss of Control” is pretty amazing.

10. Auntie Pho

Auntie Pho Metal Dad

I came on board with OU818 and saw them in the 90's, and while like many folks I wish they would tackle some more of the album material, I do find it hilarious and fun that they have been touring on the material they wrote as high school metalheads with a member of Slayer and a member of Anthrax for multiple years now. I am all for it.

jumpinjulian and Tooth like this.
  11. PaulMcCartneysGhost

PaulMcCartneysGhost Forum Resident

I'll be seeing them at the start of next month. I'd prefer a standard set, but at this point, I'll take anything I can as I doubt I'll be able to see them live again.

jumpinjulian likes this.
  12. cdollaz

cdollaz Forum Resident

Saw them on the California tour and I thought they peaked with that album. I have zero interest in the stuff they are doing now.

dunkoid likes this.
  13. Dr. Bogenbroom

Dr. Bogenbroom I'm not a Dr. but I play one on SteveHoffman.TV

Corporationizing doesn't please you?
    One of the greatest vox in modern rock reduced to this.

14. Dr. Bogenbroom

Dr. Bogenbroom I'm not a Dr. but I play one on SteveHoffman.TV

That's why they're not popular...nobody else does either.

15. Mr. Seremet

Mr. Seremet Forum Resident

"Reduced to this"? Pretty harsh. I love this new iteration of the band, which is (if you know the band history) what Mr Bungle has always been: a new iteration. Every album has stood very much apart from what came before. Don't like it? Don't buy it. They do not care. And I'm pretty sure this tour has done well as has the album itself. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Auntie Pho likes this.
  16. Didn’tfeelathing

Didn’tfeelathing Forum Resident

Saw them perform a couple of weeks ago. (had previously seen them in 1996 & 2000)
    This was the gig where Danny Heifetz & Clinton McKinnon guested during the encore which they teased the audience with the intro of ‘Carry Stress In The Jaw’.

I’m all for whatever they want to do musically but there would be zero complaints from Bungle fans if they did a tour exclusively covering the material from the self titled, Disco Volante & California.

jumpinjulian likes this.
  17. jumpinjulian

jumpinjulian Forum Resident

I was at that show too. Thought it was fantastic!
    A shame they didn’t make more use of having Danny and Bar with them in the encore that night though.

Didn’tfeelathing likes this.
  18. Low Frequency Oscillator

Low Frequency Oscillator Forum Resident

Saw them 4 times on the Disco Volante and then California tours.
    Didn't bother going to see this tour, I liked the new old album for what it is but not really my thing.

jumpinjulian likes this.