1 bit CD players

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by VinylSoul, Feb 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KT88

KT88 Senior Member

I followed the link but it only told me how to brew an awesome cup of Joe... :D

-Bill

2. kevinsinnott

kevinsinnott Forum Coffeeologist

3. KT88

KT88 Senior Member

Hi Kevin,
    I think I have been to that link before. It's interesting from a nostaglic/trivial point of view but really the technical details are not as important to me as the resulting sound. I mean, I get asked a lot about what type of this or that component is in product X, etc and I am glad to pass along the info but at the end of the day, it's more about how it sounds than what it is made of to me. Of course the two are nearly inseparable from an engineering standpoint but very much so from a pure listening standpoint. I am more interested in quality in terms of longevity when it comes to parts selection, assuming that the same performance can be reached from various angles.

In short, as consumers we cannot change the product design at the chip level, we can only select the entire product. If it's an audio product, I want to select that based upon its sound output, not entirely on it's internal make-up. So rather than ponder about what chip is best, I just review the overall performance, build quality, and value of a product and how it fits into a system. Way more important to me than being able to recite what chip went into what player from 1982 onward.

I'm having French Roast. :cheers:
    -Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.