12 Monkeys Syfy original series

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Scope J, Jan 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member Thread Starter

2. DesertChaos

DesertChaos Forum Resident

Mrs DC is interested and has the DVR set - I'll give it a shot too, might be pretty good.

3. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

I don't think I've read a single positive review so far...

4. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

New York Times gave it a good review.

I just watched it, and although it's a lot more linear than the movie, I found it decent enough...Will continue to watch it for a while.

5. GuildX700

GuildX700 Forum Resident

I can't remember the last time SyFy made anything worth my time. Probably because they haven't.

6. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

Much better than I thought it would be

7. The Wanderer

The Wanderer Seeker of Truth

Good title though

8. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Watching the premier right now. Has cast members of "Nikita" so may share production team. Entertaining. . . I'll give it a few more episodes.

9. chrischerm

chrischerm Forum Resident

You missed Continuum then. But it's ending this year. It was well produced, well acted and an interesting take on the time-travel trope.

Concerning 12 Monkeys... it was ok. I'll give it a couple episodes, but it's missing that quirky, Terry Gilliam feel.

robertawillisjr likes this.
  10. Lonson

NO, doesn't have that feel, but that's okay. I'm on episode two and I think I'll keep watching. Amanda Schull and Tom Noonan are always worth watching.

11. sixtiesstereo

sixtiesstereo Senior Member

Episode two....I take it you're watching it online at Syfy.com? Episode two won't air
    until next week. Although as much as I enjoyed the premier, I'll probably wait untiil
    next week to see it in true HD.
    The original Gilliam film is one of my all time favorite films, but I must say this was exceptional.
    Keeps the concept, and characters, of the original, but looks like it's going to be going into
    uncharted territory which is fine. And the production values are terrific...this isn't a Sharknado
    caliber SyFy film, but first class sci-fi.
    Also, does anyone else feel Amanda Schull and Naomi Watts must have been separated
    at birth?

12. Lonson

The premier and episode 2 are available On Demand on Time Warner Cable, that's where I watched it, Hi-Def. Looks good.

13. AZRunner

AZRunner Forum Resident

I liked it. Looking forward to more episodes. I love the movie and wasn't expecting it to be as good, but I'm enjoying it nonetheless.

14. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

I'll stick with the movie.

15. John Moschella

John Moschella Senior Member

I'm a big fan of the movie and I watched some of the first episode with a few scenes lifted from the film. I just made me want to watch the movie. I hate when that happens, I don't think they made it different enough. I'd rather watch Madeline Stowe.

16. jpelg

jpelg Forum Resident

Just watched episode 1. As a fan of the original movie, I like the series so far.

17. Watched the first two. Not bad so far.

18. Maseman66

Maseman66 Forum Resident

I liked the 1st episode. I'll stick with it.

19. DesertChaos

Watched it, was ok, will try another episode or maybe two but something tells me it's one of those cases where the movie ought to have been left alone to tell this particular story.

20. chrischerm

chrischerm Forum Resident

Funny you say that. During the show I turned to my wife and said that she looks a bit like Naomi Watts and a little like Nicole Kidman.

21. sixtiesstereo

sixtiesstereo Senior Member

Amanda............
    [​IMG]
    Naomi...........
    [​IMG]

chrischerm likes this.
  22. amoergosum

amoergosum Forum Resident

I enjoyed the first two episodes. When I saw the first scenes of the pilot episode I actually thought it's Aaron Paul.
    But it's Aaron Stanford. Even his voice sounds similar.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. DesertChaos

I couldn't make it through the second episode. I can't pin down just exactly what it is but the main guy (Aaron Stanford is it?) is just completely irritating to me to the point that I can't bear even trying to pay attention, I just want to go in the other room and get away. Yeah, it's totally subjective and not really substantiated by anything, but there it is...I just don't want to watch him.

24. Lonson

Third episode was on Demand and I watched it. I'm still enjoying the series. . . . I don't take it seriously as I do a few other shows but it's still entertaining.

[​IMG]

25. DesertChaos

3 strikes and yer out. When Mrs DC - she'll get into most anything sci-fi channel dishes out - says to stop recording it on the dvr because it's pretty lame, well...it really must be, it's not just me this time.

ubiknik likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.