12 Monkeys Syfy original series

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Scope J, Jan 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John B Good

John B Good Forum Hall Of Fame

Too confusing for me :)

2. tcj

tcj Senior Member

Enjoying this much more than I thought I would, though this most recent episode wasn't quite as engaging as the previous ones. I don't remember the original movie at all, so maybe that helps.

Theory time: I feel like maybe they're leading us to believe that right now, Cole is on track, with hiccups here and there, to help prevent the disease outbreak, but that at some point, they're going to realize that everything he's been doing is actually what is going to lead to the pandemic. The dire warnings about not intervening with Cassie makes me think that is exactly what is going to have to happen. He's going to have to go back and pollute the timelines of his previous time-travels in order to stop the outbreak. We'll see, I guess - if it lasts that long.

3. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Liking this series a lot so far...

4. amoergosum

amoergosum Forum Resident

A line from the latest episode:

Cole: "I can't cross with myself. Believe me, you don't wanna be around for a paradox."

5. Still enjoying it. Curious they have a "witness" just like "Sleepy Hollow".....mmmmmm

6. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

I'm liking it as well:cheers:

7. Does anyone know if this is designed to be a one season and it over series?

8. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

amoergosum likes this.
  9. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Anyone else still watching? Not much action in this thread...

I think it's really entertaining and is on my must watch list (i.e. it's something I watch the night it's on)...

Still trying to get my head around last night's episode and what it means going forward...

10. They could wrap up a storyline and then have to deal with the paradoxes created or they solve the crisis not to have "time" work around them.

I'm still enjoying the show and the latest twist demonstrates it continues to have potential.

11. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

I'm watching it with waning enthusiasm. Not sure I'd watch a second season. . . I think it would be better to let it be a one season thing.

12. jpelg

jpelg Forum Resident

Can someone explain why Ramsey (nor Olivia, the investor woman) hasn't aged?

13. sixtiesstereo

sixtiesstereo Senior Member

Last night's episode "Paradox" was the best yet of the series. Fascinating with a ton of new
    information/time paradoxes introduced. While I won't reveal any spoilers yet, I have to say
    that seeing Jones (the scientist from 2043) as a younger self in 2015 was terrific (Am I the
    only one who thinks she was actually pretty hot in 2015?). Here's a picture from the SyFy website
    which shows what I'm talking about.....
    [​IMG]

14. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

i liked the episode overall, but there were two scenes that I didn't like:

1) The scene where Cole takes the injection. The special effects were hokey.

2) (This one I REALLY hated): The one where the daughter takes over the company. Utterly campy and unrealistic.

But overall a lot more information and plot development.

15. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

Still liking it. Can't wait for the blu ray

amoergosum likes this.
  16. amoergosum

When I watched that scene I immediately thought about >>>

17. amoergosum

That was great work...how did they de-age her face...CGI?

18. sixtiesstereo

Actually, she looks closer (in real life) to her 2015 look last night. I'm guessing she had extra
    make up to look a little younger, but she must also use make up to look older in 2043.
    She's actually a very well known German actress and singer named Barbara Sukowa.
    [​IMG]

19. amoergosum

Here's a recent interview:

20. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

She's 65 years old in real life. No way she looks like that without some really good makeup and retouching.

She's probably best known for her work with Fassbender in the early '80s...

21. sixtiesstereo

I had no idea she was that age, so you're probably right. She had to have had a lot of make up
    to wind up looking that great on the show. (I'm 65 also, so it's probably all relative anyway....she
    still looks really good to me, even at her age of 65).

22. sixtiesstereo

23. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

And here's a picture of her, not in crazy mode:

[​IMG]

24. amoergosum

When I saw the first 12 Monkeys episode with Emily Hampshire I thought that I've seen her before. Then I remembered (Snow Cake...brilliant movie):

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.