2 Broke Girls

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Baba Oh Really, May 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

Beth Behrs is hot as well; they did clever casting

rburly likes this.
  2. Drifter

Drifter AAD survivor

:laugh: Beth Behrs plays Caroline Channing on the show.

3. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

Spending several years in a sitcom NOW is probably a very lucrative career path, not sure it was back in the 70's!

4. troggy

troggy Papa-Oom-Mow-Mow

I watched Two Broke Girls for about 15 minutes, one time. The humor is about on the same level as a couple of the Disney Channel shows that my son watches, only the jokes are more adult oriented. That's not an endorsement.

I can't believe it's been on for six years or however long it's been.

5. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

Yeah, the girls are attractive, but whenever they open their mouths, I don't want to watch anymore because of their annoying voices and unfunny jokes. Seriously, this show is the worst show of all time & I can't believe that it was not cancelled after a couple episodes.

6. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

The show seems not expensive (unless I'm mistaken, the locations are only the bar and the girls' flat),they keep on selling it to many foreign countries. As long as there's money to be made and the girls look young, I can see Warner Bros wanting at least one or two more seasons

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
    rburly likes this.
  7. Benno123

Benno123 Forum Resident

I still say Lucille Ball is spinning in her grave because this is on in the 9:00pm slot on CBS, I Love Lucy's old time slot.

MLutthans likes this.
  8. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

Smart people making smart choices. "Who doesn't like to watch beautiful women?" And I know many people don't go for the Beth Behrs look, i.e. thin, but a lot of people must be watching the show for it to not be canceled. I have to admit that I don't watch reruns of the show at all. And, the show really has run it's course IMO. It's too complicated or just boring at this point.

driverdrummer likes this.
  9. Gems-A-Bems

Gems-A-Bems Forum Resident

That has to be the weirdest indictment against a show I have ever read.

This show was good once, but sadly hasn't been for years (in my opinion)

10. jjhunsecker

jjhunsecker Senior Member

I find Kat extremely attractive as well, and not just her body

dkmonroe likes this.
  11. powerq

powerq Forum Resident

Seems like they want it to be a big ceremonial entrance. Too bad Sophie is no Norm Peterson.

tkl7 and Benno123 like this.
  12. beercanchicken

beercanchicken Legendary Stickman

Be careful, TBS reruns of 2BG and BBT might grow on you, like weeds.
    2BG in particular, I DEPISED. but now it's grown on me to a tolerable, "I'm watching this because I hate it so much" level.

Halloween Jack likes this.
  13. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

After reading this thread, I watched 2BG for the first time last night... I didn't think it was all that bad: Not good, but not great... If there was nothing else on, I'd watch it again...

Reading some posts in this thread calling it "the worst thing ever": I don't quite get that... I can see it not being everybody's cup of tea, but worst TV show ever? Do people forget the crap-fest known as "Friends"? Now there is/was an absolutley horrible show...

rburly likes this.
  14. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

"2 Broke Girls" makes "Friends" look like "Citizen Kane".

15. beercanchicken

I agree, there's waaaay worse comedy on TV (Kevin James has an EXACT replica of King of Queens, how does that happen!?) I actually think theres some good jokes on 2BG but they just try too hard, Max just has waaaaaay too many one liners and sometimes less is more. Like with the side characters, Oleg and Earl, in particular. one liners are expected because they're secondary characters

Gems-A-Bems likes this.
  16. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

I am no fan of Friends, but it is Masterpiece Theater compared to this.

goodiesguy, GTOJUDGE, Drifter and 2 others like this.
  17. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

King of Queens was much funnier, IMO, than his new show. But you are correct, it is almost the same show. Instead of a UPS driver, he is a retired policeman and has a different wife. Also, has a circle of friends (ex-coworkers) who he hangs with. Heck, Kevin James' older brother is even in his new show, like he was in KoQ. Only major difference in this show is he has kids and didn't have any in his other show.

Another show that is a carbon copy of each other is Tim Allen's both shows. Home Improvement vs. Last Man Standing. Only real significant difference is 3 boys replaced by 3 older girls. Also, instead of having his own TV show within a show ("Tool Time" in Home Improvement,) he has an internet blog show for the outdoor sporting goods store he helps market. Home Improvement was much funnier than Last Man Stadning (Tim Allen is too political in his new show by showing his real political preferences.)

18. beercanchicken

Good to see it's not just mainstream Hollywood that's lost its originality. Another CHiPS movie came out yesterday..

19. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

king of queens is funnier because the supporting cast was funnier. that's the main difference really

goodiesguy, rburly and panasoffkee like this.
  20. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

At least the new wife is so much more pleasant than the old one was - Erinn Hayes is very likable (how did Kevin snag her?).

Matthew Tate likes this.
  21. rburly

The new show is almost unwatchable to me. It's so not-very-funny and I lose interest almost as soon as it starts. I've tried, but it's not as funny to me.

22. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

The show is complicated?

23. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

The first three series I was addicted to it but they changed the time slot here and I stopped watching it and didn't miss it.

24. eric777

eric777 Astral Projectionist

I don't watch much tv at all. Most tv shows are not worth the time I spend watching them. With that being said I have to admit that I love this show. It is one of very few shows I will take the time to watch.

rburly likes this.
  25. rburly

Complicated = too many relationships as plot lines. It's boring now.

Matthew Tate likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.