2 New Iron Maiden prints with art by me (glow in the dark)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by SpinningInfinity, Dec 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpinningInfinity

SpinningInfinity Forum Resident Thread Starter

I wanted to post this up. I don't assume tons of people here know I am an artist (I work for DC comics on stuff like Batman Dark Knight, Arkham Knight, Wonder Woman etc..)...but I'd posted a little bit of my work a few weeks back (I also do very dark and detailed pen and ink work)...but I promised I'd return with an update...and here we go.

Really excited to roll out a bit more Iron Maiden news...I did 2 color variants of my Iron Maiden Fear of the Dark piece...and one is GLOW IN THE DARK!! Not just saying this but 3 of my all time favorite posters I ever own as a kid were 2 Led Zeppelin black light posters and then an Iron Maiden Trooper one.....so to actually have my own now (and this is Glow In the Dark not a black light poster just to be clear) is amazing and it turned out GREAT, These are SILK SCREEN prints. They will be signed and numbered and are OFFICIAL Iron Maiden merch. Not kidding. I never hang my own art...but this is going up on MY wall when I get my comps.

please check out the link...share, grab a print, and you know....rock out today...for me. :)
    http://www.darkinkart.com/collections/iron-maiden-artwork
    Glow In the Dark Version:
    [​IMG]
    and then the color variant:
    [​IMG]

thanks for popping in.

I always add this.

I know Derek Riggs is the MAN. He made Eddie what he is....(also Fear of the Dark originally wasn't a Riggs piece) but I have the UTMOST respect for Derek's work...and I know Maiden fans love him. I do too...so it's an honor to be able to not only work with Iron Maiden but on a character Riggs made so iconic.

80sjunkie and Deuce66 like this.
  2. fuzzface

fuzzface Forum Resident

That awesome, man. Great job.

SpinningInfinity likes this.
  3. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Very cool....congrats. Was it your artistic choice to avoid having the band name anywhere on the print?

SpinningInfinity likes this.
  4. SpinningInfinity

for some reason they don't use the name on these because I think they feel the market for print collectors...likes something sort of beyond a typical band poster.

I'd actually done a really nice mock up of this piece with the logo and it looked pretty cool to me....thought with the glow it might really be neat also

and thank you...I appreciate the nice words.

noname74 likes this.
  5. SpinningInfinity

you know it's funny I am looking at the site and some of the prints do have the logos...they wanted to do a fine art print of mine...so maybe that's why....I'll ask.

I was talking with them about some other ideas I had...and I am hoping to do a really special new piece...and it's a classic, classic cover we'd be revisiting.

noname74 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.