2013 Stone Temple Pilots "Core" vinyl reissue on MOV

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by dconsmack, Sep 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SimplyOrange

SimplyOrange Forum Resident

I got one of those on RSD and never opened it because I found out it was mastered by Ron McMaster, and I'm not a fan of his work. Guess I'm a wealthy hundredaire :laugh:

2. LesPaul666

LesPaul666 Mr Markie - The Rock And Roll Snarkie

This is one MOV pressing that is well worth it. Besides being spread over 3 sides, it obviously uses a digital copy of the master tape, unlike the other that sounds like it used the CD for cutting. I actually like this better than the original German single LP version.

I've never heard the RSD version, but I wouldn't bet on it being anything special, just IMHO.

3. ODShowtime

ODShowtime jaded faded

I have the RSD yellow vinyl and enjoy it, but I'm intrigued by the 2LP version. Has anyone compared the two?

4. PJJK

PJJK Forum Resident

I actually have the RSD and prefer the MOV.

5. PJJK

PJJK Forum Resident

I listened to a couple of tracks on both last night. MOV 2LP sounds better IMO.

6. ODShowtime

ODShowtime jaded faded

Thank you. I'm going to have to give the yellow disc a good spin tonight and see if I can make myself dislike it enough to pay $30 for another copy. I guess it would be nice to have the whole MOV line.

7. skads_187

skads_187 Forum Resident

with the new 25th anniversary release, has anyone heard it, wonder how it compares to MOV and the last rhino release, I bought it for the whole set, so this would be my first vinyl, still need to purchase a turntable (eventually).
    Also, wonder how the vinyl compares to the DVD 24/96 ? let me know if anyone has done a comparison, would be greatly appreciated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.