The Kiss Korner*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by 4stringking73, Nov 2, 2014.

1. 4stringking73

4stringking73 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Been a lot of recent audio releases for the Kiss fan's on the forum. Here is a place to discuss it all and all the formats it is being released on. If you like Kiss this your "Korner"!

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  2. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Forum Resident

Cool! So let me start with a question that I think is out here somewhere but couldn't find in a search.

I've never picked up Destroyer Resurrection yet, but seem to recall there were some glitches in a few songs. Is that true, and were they corrected on the CDs? If I were to buy a copy now, would I have to request a replacement disc or anything?

Been thinking about picking it up and was curious.

Thanks.
    Mark

3. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

Just played my new Rock and Roll Over vinyl reissue last night and this is the best I have ever heard this album sound. Beats my NM original copy for sure. I love these reissues!!!! I could talk Kiss all day!!! I now there was a rumor a while back about a Kissology 4 (newer live footage, the still missing promo clips, etc....) Where is it? And for that matter where is the Gene Simmons demo's boxset that he started plugging a couple years back? I even have a cd with a couple of demo's on it that came with a season of his TV Show.

4. Chris Haley

Chris Haley Music Lover Lurker

I posted this on my CD/DVD/BD errors thread on May 23, 2014 (post #87, page 4):

"KISS Destroyer (Resurrected) has a glitch (skip) at 5 second mark on "Flaming Youth." The track jumps ahead a few fractions of a second. AmazonUS is still selling bad copies as I just purchased one a couple days ago. However the copies I bought from FYE and Best Buy are corrected. You can also contact Universal Music for a replacement using [email protected]."

"Here are the bad vs good CD matrix to identify defective copies:
    Corrected CD Matrix: IFPI 50FE or IFPI 50DD
    Defective CD Matrix: IFPI 50A6"

I believe there are corrected CDs with different matrices than the two I posted above, but I can safely say the only CD with the error I've encountered has the matrix IFPI 50A6.

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/cd-dvd-audio-errors-glitches-database.332461/page-4

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  5. batman144144

batman144144 Nocturnal crime fighter/audio enthusiast.

I know that hi-res downloads are not everyone's cup of tea, however, the vinyl copies and the hi-res digital files never had this error. The hi-res digital is the best-sounding, anyway.

6. 4stringking73

If I jump into hi res this is the first one I am buying based on yours and everyone's' praise of how it sounds!:edthumbs:

7. batman144144

If you like Resurrected, you'll really like the hi-res. The HRtracks comes with a pdf of the booklet, which has pics and info about the process. I actually have not read through it yet. I don't think ProStudioMasters carries it.

4stringking73 likes this.
  8. batman144144

Forever or I Still Love You?

This is a close one for me, but I say ISLY.

Chad75, The Pinhead and Juggsnelson like this.
  9. Juggsnelson

I go with "Forever" on this one even though I hate the production on it. ISLY just never resonated with me although I do like the version on Alive III. The solo Bruce plays on Forever is just great.

10. 4stringking73

I Still Love You, but I am a Creatures junkie!

11. 4stringking73

That solo is amazing that Kulick plays! I really like the "Unplugged" version as well.

12. 4stringking73

You know it seems like the majority of Kiss fans like Destroyer "Resurrected" over any other mastering of yhe album. I think it is cool how Bob Ezrin actually outdid himself on a amazing job in the first place.

13. 4stringking73

Thanks for posting this info!

Chris Haley likes this.
  14. 4stringking73

Is everyone enjoying the "Deluxe" Love Gun that just came out?

Mij Retrac likes this.
  15. 4stringking73

So if someone is a High Res newbie would you recommend HD Tracks or ProStudioMasters?

16. jmobrien68

jmobrien68 Forum Resident

KISS will be part of Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade this year... lol!

17. Chris Haley

Your welcome! BTW that CD/DVD/BD errors thread I mentioned in the post is welcome for anybody to update. I tried to set up one place where folks could go to see if replacements for bad discs are available. I appreciate any help in that effort!

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
  18. Juggsnelson

I like "Much Too Soon" quite a bit. The demo of "Love Gun" is sweet as well. Plaster Caster too!

Mechanical Man and 4stringking73 like this.
  19. driverdrummer

driverdrummer Forum Resident

Any fans of Revenge on the forum? I heard it for the first time today and enjoyed it a lot. Fun lyrics and great production.

20. jeffgt14

jeffgt14 Forum Resident

I must be the only one who can't stand Revenge. That reverb is too much.

21. SpinningInfinity

SpinningInfinity Forum Resident

I got my LP the day it came out and no glitches....so not all original pressings had flaws just to make that clear.

22. SpinningInfinity

Unmasked is a real gem from these new versions. ..I'd also highly recommend the self titled. Both sound great!

There's a bunch that sound very good though..might fall down to personal taste.

rock76 and 4stringking73 like this.
  23. Lord Summerisle

Lord Summerisle Forum Resident

I've never liked Revenge.

24. Chris Haley

Woops as far as I know that glitch issue just pertained to the CD of Destroyer (Resurrected). Sorry for the confusion.

25. SpinningInfinity

no worries....I could have sworn there was a flaw on many of the LPs too actually.

I might be wrong and never realized it was only a CD issue reading the posts online (thinking it was on KISS FAQ) and then maybe I wasn't as lucky as I thought!

it is a great sounding record...and a lot of people like it more than the original...depends I guess on how burnt you are on the original pressing....I just like them both for different reasons~!

4stringking73 and Chris Haley like this.