2017 Oscars

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Chris DeVoe, Feb 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Well they have to fill the 3-4 hours somehow. :)

2. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

it could also be seen as the Oscars trying to throw pwc under the us..."the Oscars blame an accounting firm for the mishap....why didn't THEY hand the correct envelope." etc. , this worked out fine for the Oscars....actually not so bad for pwc, no such thing as bad press, more people know their name, maybe wont get more award show gigs but im sure they make most of their money elsewhere

MikaelaArsenault and eddiel like this.
  3. Zep Fan

Zep Fan Sounds Better with Headphones on

Harvey Weinstein on Jay Z, Trump and His Dream to Produce the Oscars (With Spielberg)

Steven Spielberg and I once talked about producing it together. If we could survive each other, we'd do a great job. (Laughs.) They're not using technology properly. It still feels like a variety show. Jimmy Kimmel was brilliant, but give him a couple of things to do that are so mind-blowingly cool so people will go, "Oh my God." [Virtual reality] is just the start. Mike [De Luca] and Jen [Todd] did the most beautiful-looking Oscars I've ever seen. I would just take it way further, which is why I'll never get the job. I'd probably bring Billy Crystal back to host, too.

What about Warren Beatty?

Oh, Warren would have to announce best picture. The suspense would be incredible.

4. johnod

johnod Forum Resident

That's great. Made me laugh aloud.

Chris DeVoe likes this.
  5. johnod

johnod Forum Resident

Well I finally saw Moonlight, and while it did not suck, I don't think it should even have been in the running for best film.
    Of course I haven't seen all the competition, I did think Fences was quite good.

PH416156 likes this.
  6. Whoopycat

Whoopycat Forum Resident

I saw Moonlight last night. I agree it was not the best film of the year by a long shot. I'd even argue it was bad. I don't think I've ever seen a more glamorous portrayal of life as a crack dealer. All you gotta do is look tough and shoo away some customers that get too high, and in return you get to live in a nice apartment and drive a sweet vintage car. Maybe even have a hot girlfriend, if that's your thing. Even the abandoned crackhouse at the beginning of the film looked relatively nice (among crackhouses). The movie inserts "gritty" cliches like Chiron reaching for his gun in his car, but the gun never makes another appearance. His assistant may be ripping him off, but we never know because to him it's all good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.