2017: The Doors 50th Anniversary

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jl151080, Nov 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pats Radio

Pats Radio A Doors Enthusiast

Mostly talk. They're all buying it. If you believe any Doors fan who says he or she isn't than I want to sell you swamp land in Jersey. Stop it.

2. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

I know many who are not buying this Fog set. You are living in Fantasy Land if you think the entire hardcore fan-base is spending $50+ for a 30 minute CD.

3. Six Bachelors

Six Bachelors Troublemaking enthusiast

Your childish bloody-mindedness knows no bounds. You seriously believe all Doors fans are buying it? I guess I just stopped being a Doors fan. It will be good to make all that shelf space when I throw out the umpteen copies of each album that I own.

If you aren't Jeff Jampol, you must be his Siamese twin.

Matthew Tate and Daniel Falaschi like this.
  4. Revolver

Revolver Forum Resident

Ahem....can you guys not? Everybody gets that you're unhappy, but some of us want to read a thread without all the BS. Take that crap to a Doors message board. There have been a lot of Doors live releases.... Are you all mad about those too? I personally enjoy most of the Bright Midnight stuff I have and definitely appreciate that these were released at all in some sort of official capacity.

5. jdlaw

jdlaw Forum Resident

As evidenced by this thread, there may be a decent amount of fans who won't by buying this for various reasons. However, I bet that many of those same people WILL find a way to hear the recording either by hook or crook. I don't believe for a second that a major fan has no interest in hearing the earliest live recording of the Doors.

melkor_morgoth and Revolver like this.
  6. PacificOceanBlue

Interest in, (1) hearing the Fog tape, and (2) purchasing and supporting the Fog box set are two entirely different things.

7. Revolver

Revolver Forum Resident

Much like any illegal downloader who wants to hear the music, yet doesn't want to support the artist and/or record label.

melkor_morgoth and Pats Radio like this.
  8. PacificOceanBlue

I hope you are not making specific accusations of illegal downloading aimed at forum members. My statement has nothing to do with downloading; my statement clearly asserts that there is a difference between most serious Doors enthusiasts being "interested in hearing the Fog tape" and "purchasing and supporting the Fog box set."

jsayers likes this.
  9. Pats Radio

I'm sure you know a ton. Please. If they don't, their loss. If you're not buying it, you're not a die hard. End of story. Next!

10. Pats Radio

Calls me childish then throws out name calling. Brilliant. It's these types of minds which make me thank god everyday, you're not in charge of anything of the Doors.

11. Daniel Falaschi

Daniel Falaschi Live detective

:laughup::laughup::laughup::unhunh::unhunh::unhunh::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

12. jdlaw

jdlaw Forum Resident

Rather you plan on purchasing London Fog or not, what's done is done. I just hope that management is paying attention, and realizes many fans just want the music at an affordable price (or at least the option to do so). I particularly hope lessons are learned before Matrix is (hopefully) released next year. IMO, all they have to do is use the Felt Forum box as a blue print. Complete shows, nice packaging but no unwanted trinkets, reasonably priced upon release, etc.

13. Sadly, the Felt Forum box seems to be an aberration in the Doors' catalog of releases.

Dark Horse 77 likes this.
  14. Six Bachelors

I'm not one of them. I don't steal things when I decide not to buy them.

15. Six Bachelors

What name calling?
    Also, what type of mind is mine? I'd be interested to know since you've never met me and know nothing about me. :-popcorn:

16. James5001

James5001 Forum Resident

London Fog is the earliest known Doors live recording right? 30 minute running time aside I can understand the Doors people wanting to put it out with a bit of razzmatazz, I can't wait to hear it.

*Just on the matrix I hope it really does get the proper release treatment now they have the best source & some unheard instrumentals to add, I always dug Summertime from the Matrix since I first heard it on one of those horrible unauthorised cd's that flooded aussie 2 dollar shops way back when.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
    Pats Radio likes this.
  17. JRD

JRD Forum Resident

Reunion concert at the Whisky.

Vocals - Paul Rodgers
    Densmore
    Krieger
    Keyboard - Rick Wakeman

DmitriKaramazov likes this.
  18. Pats Radio

January 4th will be a treat.

19. Christopher B

Christopher B Forum Resident

What happens that date ?

20. Mr Mojo

Mr Mojo Forum Resident

Alright, alright, alright...I'll think about it.

Jonboy and No Bull like this.
  21. melkor_morgoth

melkor_morgoth The Real Toe

I'm not (but only because I'm poor).

How do you figure?

22. Pats Radio

One that doesn't have a clue how business works.

23. Daniel Falaschi

Daniel Falaschi Live detective

Probably the "50th year of the doors" announcement.

Christopher B likes this.
  24. Quasimodo

Quasimodo Senior Member

Is this something real? or just a wish of yours

25. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

How does business work? Extending a box set by including a worthless disc of "band favorites", so they can gauge the fan base and attach a bigger price tag. There's a difference in being a "die hard fan" and just being a "rube", suckered into their greedy, dishonest business practices.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.