2018 - and still not on vinyl!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by BlueJay, Jan 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unravelled

unravelled Forum Resident

Check out discogs for lemonheads LPs, they are all fairly cheap except car button cloth. Probably don't see them in the wild because they were never super popular, even at their peak. As a super huge fan, it always puzzled me why they didn't leave a more.lasting impression in the public eye.

Dan C likes this.
  2. zombiemodernist

zombiemodernist Forum Resident

My pick as well. I’m assuming this may be complicated further by the band leaving Merge, who put out the CD reissue. Don’t know if there was a transfer of rights from AF to Merge at that point. Instead of releasing 12” singles (with album cuts, vocal free stems vs exclusive mixes) I wish the band would put this material on vinyl.

3. pinkrudy

pinkrudy Senior Member

Was just listening to this one. would be nice to have on vinyl.
    It is pretty much as good as tigerlily.
    [​IMG]

Geee! likes this.
  4. Somerset Scholar

Somerset Scholar Ace of Spades

Tears for Fears, "Everybody Loves a Happy Ending" has never had a vinyl release. The CD is too loud. Great music too. A shame.

Mr_Vinyl likes this.
  5. Davey

Davey NP: a.s.o. ~ a.s.o. (2023 LP)

Was just recently listening to Snow Borne Sorrow by Nine Horses, the 2005 David Sylvian, Steve Jansen and Burnt Friedman project, with Arve Henriksen, Stina Nordenstam, and Ryuichi Sakamoto, and thinking this would make a really nice record if done right. It has a nice lush sound already on the CD, but always fun to have nice lush sounding vinyl too. Maybe also get Sylvian's Dead Bees On A Cake out there on vinyl too. And the great Hector Zazou Sahara Blue from the early 90s, with Sylvian, and Dead Can Dance, and John Cale and all the rest, I know people (besides myself) that would pay a fortune for this one if done right.

fitzrik likes this.
  6. BlueJay

BlueJay Forum Resident Thread Starter

I've still got my original 1970 vinyl of this but it's in pretty poor condition. I'd replace it with a reissue if (when?) I get the chance.

7. Boognish

Boognish On a never-ending quest for vinyl...

I honestly doubt they'd reissue it, since the majority of the material on the Hey Jude album is on the already reissued vinyl editon of Past Masters.

8. BlueJay

BlueJay Forum Resident Thread Starter

Yes but that won't stop any self-respecting Beatle fan buying them again. I mean, how many versions of 'Lady Madonna' do you already have?

Boognish likes this.
  9. marc with a c

marc with a c Forum Resident

groundharp likes this.
  10. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

I have been a fan of Sam Phillips since she was releasing stuff as Leslie in the 80's. she recently issued Press For Play on vinyl which is a best of comp from her newer stuff. I think Martinis was just issued. Check her web site because I think she owns the Nonesuch material and is self releasing if memory serves.

11. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer

The Innocence Mission's A&M catalog is a gaping hole in the vinyl world. Their first album got the LP treatment, but their superior "Umbrella" and particularly "Glow" never have.

dan c

12. groundharp

groundharp Maybe your friends think I'm just a stranger

AHHH! Psychoderelict released just last year, I see... thanks for the tip, marc!
    I'll have to see if I can snag a copy.

So, instead of that one, let me complain that a different Townshend solo album is not on vinyl:

Pete Townshend - CoolWalkingSmoothTalkingStraightSmokingFireStoking

marc with a c likes this.
  13. BrettyD

BrettyD Senior Member

[Qlike="groundharp, post: 18146639, member: 32265"]AHHH! Psychoderelict released just last year, I see... thanks for the tip, marc!
    I'll have to see if I can snag a copy.

So, instead of that one, let me complain that a different Townshend solo album is not on vinyl:

Pete Townshend - CoolWalkingSmoothTalkingStraightSmokingFireStoking[/QUOTE]
    I like that compilation but from memory it's pretty harsh sounding.
    I'd hope a vinyl version was more neutral.

Crimson Witch and groundharp like this.
  14. Mr_Vinyl

Mr_Vinyl Forum Resident

Most of the classical music catalogue. Besides that, too numerous to mention!

Geee! likes this.
  15. Mr_Vinyl

Mr_Vinyl Forum Resident

Agreed. That's their comeback album for me, and a much better album than most of the Smithless ones.

16. PaulOnTheBeach

PaulOnTheBeach Active Member

The entire Rain Parade and related bands would be excellent. RP, Rainy Day Music and Clay Allison/Opal. Sadly, according to Matt Piucci, guitar extraordinaire, vocalist and songwriter, David Roback will never, ever agree to such a project.

17. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

I just saw this on a list of upcoming vinyl releases for Record Store Day in April 2018:
    The Kinks – Phobia – Friday Music 2LP – 2000 copies

Boognish likes this.
  18. boyo

boyo Forum Resident

Sonny Sharrock- Ask the Ages.

19. boyo

boyo Forum Resident

Why is that?

That being said, I am just missing the EP. Saw them live when they were touring the first LP.

20. jconsolmagno

jconsolmagno Forum Resident

Garth Brooks discography

21. PaulOnTheBeach

PaulOnTheBeach Active Member

Not sure why that is. Other than it seems Dave Roback has some deep seated issues about reissues containing his Rain Parade contributions and also with his collaboration with Kendra Smith (Opal/Clay Allison). Too bad...

22. Mr Bass

Mr Bass Chevelle Ma Belle

Any CD album by Bevinda. Over 20 years and still waiting.

I would also buy
    Rebecca Pidgeon - NY Girls Club
    Misia - Paixoes Diagonais
    Rita Lee - Balacobaca
    Cesaria Evora - Cabo Verde
    Netsanet Mellesse - Spirit of Sheba

OK I understand why I am still waiting. :doh:

23. Rick Bartlett

Rick Bartlett Forum Resident

this brilliant mutha:
    [​IMG]

24. BryanA-HTX