2020 Rolling Stones sticky fingers repress

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by zboski, Aug 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zboski

zboski Forum Resident Thread Starter

I’m reading many mixed reviews for this specific run. I want to get it if it’s worth getting.

DK Pete likes this.
  2. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

This really is a shame and I truly feel bad for anyone buying a bad copy of a highly beloved album (we've all been there many times)such as this one. The copy I have which came with the original deluxe vinyl set is stellar as is the "companion" outtake LP.

zboski likes this.
  3. zboski

trying to side step a pothole. I'm surprised they would butcher such a awesome album.

4. zboski

The 2015 deluxe 2lp?

5. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

Yes.

6. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

The 2020 version should be okay. It’s a repress from the 2018 studio box set cut by Miles Showell and uses a better source than the 2015 reissue.

DK Pete and zboski like this.
  7. Adam9

Adam9 Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй.

I have bought 2 copies of the 2015. Both had pressing defects, the first with a visible bump in the vinyl which was audible as a loud pop, the second with a noticeable scratch which is easily audible. I'm thinking maybe I scratched it accidentally but I'm doubtful as I don't have any such scratches on any other records in my extensive collection.

DK Pete likes this.
  8. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

I thought I was the only one with a vinyl bump..my MFSL Sticky Fingers has one in the second half of CYHMK. It's a "depression" at the exact same location on the opposite side during Dead Flowers. But chancing upon these MFSL copies back then was so chancy to start with in record stores that I just held on to it.

Adam9 likes this.
  9. zboski

I'll probably just grab it and report back. It's such a well put together album. I do hate when they ruin these opportunities.

10. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

Hmmm...I guess I just got very lucky for once.

11. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

....ha..I'm guessing you're unfamiliar with the Rainbo pressed 2012 Beatle re-issue debacle....

12. zboski

Yes I am unfamiliar what happened?

13. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

They were besieged with major surface noise issues...I ended up returning an entire box set and replaced each album individually with EU pressings.

zboski likes this.
  14. zboski

It's great so far on side one. Can you hear me knocking is worth the price of admission alone.

DK Pete, Tommyboy and Adam9 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.