"24" is back! (Possible spoilers)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Chris R, Jan 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave D

Dave D Done!

These guys have a great sense of humour.

Let's not nitpick too much guys. Still an incredible show.....and more realistic in my opinion than a show about a bunch of dopey coffee house loving dweebs that all got along so well!

2. Mark

Mark I Am Gort, Hear Me Roar Staff

I am really hoping that nothing happens to Tony, although I don't like the looks of it. And, we completely missed the Allstate reference. That is really cool.

3. Dave D

Dave D Done!

They're making us think Tony is cooked......we all seem to have forgotten Sara....who will no doubt make a return in the last 2 hours looking for Michelle.....and not to make a lunch date!

4. pjaizz

pjaizz Forum Resident

5. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

Salon.com did an interesting article this week about the plausibility (or rather the lack of plausibility) of various aspects of 24, including whether it was possible to melt down 104 nuclear plants at once (it isn't), what one could and couldn't do with a stolen nuclear warhead (not a lot), and the wisdom of using physical torture in high-pressure situations (it isn't very effective). I think at this point you'd have to register on the site to read it.

6. Dave D

Dave D Done!

Did they also do one regarding the fact that there isn't a planet called Krypton and men in blue tights can't fly? ;)

It's just a TV show. AND a good one at that! James Bond movies are 10 times worse for plausibility

7. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

Well, one thing they mention in the article is that the show regularly gets anxious calls from viewers wondering if the acts of terrorism they are watching could actually happen. The nuclear power plant meltdowns in particular provoked tons of calls. So that's part of the reason for writing the piece. It wasn't so much the show's obvious real-time implausibilities they were commenting on (though they were pretty scornful about the "Amnesty Global" lawyer situation).

8. Jimbo

Jimbo Forum Hall Of Fame

I think this season's plot line has gone from terrifyingly plausible to preposterous. But I still can't miss an episode!

9. pjaizz

pjaizz Forum Resident

Complete 24 boxsets out!

My buddy just picked up Seasons 1-3 complete, with many added extras from Overstock.com for about $90! I'll report back when I find out exactly what is included that is not on the individual sets. I'm curious...

Free Sherri Palmer!

10. Mark

Mark I Am Gort, Hear Me Roar Staff

These kinds of reactions are what scares me about people (not our poster, the callers to the show).

11. Dave D

Dave D Done!

I called NBC to ask if there were really a group of people as annoying as the cast of Friends. I was worried! ;)

12. Drifter

Drifter AAD survivor

:laugh: :edthumbs:

13. John B Good

John B Good Forum Hall Of Fame

War of the Worlds, all over again. Deja vu :(

The Internet, especially, is not going to make the species any more intelligent :D

14. Chris R

Chris R Forum Fones Thread Starter

Final 2 hours!

Don't forget. Final 2 hours of 24 this evening.

8 PM Eastern / 7 Central

I'll be watching it via satellite at 6PM Mountain on FOX Rochester. It actually airs here locally at 9 PM Mountain on Global and on FOX Spokane and/or Seattle (8 PM Pacific) depending on your local cable TV or digital TV provider.

15. chip-hp

chip-hp Cool Cat

I may have to miss the first hour ... cuz I wouldn't want to miss an episode of Fear Factor ;) ... got my popcorn ready :D ...

16. grbl

grbl Just Lurking

I'll be out tonight, but the VCR's set.

17. Dave D

Dave D Done!

Mondays will be so drab without it. Can't wait to see how this one ends!
    At least we know there are 2 more years coming.

18. Chris R

Chris R Forum Fones Thread Starter

Wow! Very interesting two hours.

Now we have 6, 7 months to re cooperate until Season 5. Begins, January 2006. I love that format. No interruptions. Way to go FOX. :thumbsup:

19. Dave D

Dave D Done!

I love the way they never end with a happy ending. Great 2 hours.

I was certain Michelle would die at the hands of Sarah the fired agent. Oh well.

Anyone else hope they take a left turn and do something other than a terrorism storyline next year?

20. chip-hp

chip-hp Cool Cat

Good show ... except that I don't see the Chinese buying the ending ... w/o more proof ... but maybe this is just the beginning ... of the next season ...

21. Brian Cruz

Brian Cruz Forum Resident

Yeah, and they'll change the name of the show to The Hitcher. That's what Jack looked like at the end.

22. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Great finale...Why is it that 24 only does pathos right in the final episode of the season? The rest of the time, it feels forced and uninvolving.

I see no reason all the usual suspects can't be back next year, although in what capacity is not clear. The one who probably can't come back is President Palmer, since there's no way he'll be called in as an "advisor" again. Unless, I guess, he decides to run for a second (non consecutive) term...

Kwad

23. thegage

thegage Forum Currency Nerd

Actually, I thought he looked more like Bill Bixby in "The Hulk" TV show! :laugh:

I was not as on-the-edge-of-my-seat as I thought I would be, still a great episode, and an even better setup for next season. Can't wait.

John K.

24. CHARLOOTZ

CHARLOOTZ New Member

In contrast to previous seasons, (where there was a significant time gap between Jack's "bad days"), the word is that season 5 will be a lot closer time-wise than the seasons that preceded it. Maybe Jack will be the new "Fugitive"!

25. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

Rumor has it that next season will feature 24 hours of Jack Bauer roaming the earth with Kane from Kung Fu and David Banner from The Incredible Hulk. You wouldn't like them when they're angry.

Either that or they will all be traveling in a black van with Mr. T, narrowly escaping the Chinese and US government agents on their tail while blowing lots of things up without killing anyone.

Regards,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.