"24-Season 7" to be released on DVD/Blu-Ray May 19th...DAY AFTER SEASON FINALE!!!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by lukejosephchung, Apr 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lukejosephchung

lukejosephchung Forum Resident Thread Starter

Fox Video is taking the unprecedented step of releasing one of their Network's major series on DVD and high definition Blu-Ray a day after the Season Finale! Any opinions/reactions?!?:edthumbs:

2. vibes

vibes Forum Resident

Sweet. That means I'll be able to clear off my DVR now. I refuse to watch "24" until I can watch 8-12 episodes at a time, and prefer to not even start until I have the entire season available to watch.

3. sheffandy

sheffandy Forum Resident

According to Amazon UK it has a scheduled release date of 19th Oct over here. That's more than 6 months away. I may have to do a spot of importing :D

4. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

Two thoughts on this...
    That's a lotta time in one sitting to give over to one activity. And,
    Why? Are you afraid they're gonna cancel it? ;)

5. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

I used to feel the same way. I never wanted to watch the show on broadcast TV. I would wait for the DVDs to come out and then watch a marathon session over two full weekends. I felt more satisfied when doing that, since I didn't want to wait week after week to see the next episode. It was more fun to watch all at once (so to speak).

This season, though, I decided to watch when broadcast - so I could save a few dollars and not have to buy the DVD (or Blu-Ray) set (since I never re-watch the season after I see it the first time through). I would still rather watch in a few sittings, instead of an hour a week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.