$5.00 Bin At Walmart (1/26/12)

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Yeah, Jan 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhilBiker

PhilBiker sh.tv member number 666

The Wal*Mart near where I'm staying on business travel reloaded their $5 bina nd it's chock full of goodies.

2. timind

timind phorum rezident

Picked up Purple Rain by Price the other day. Couldn't believe I didn't have a copy.

3. waxtomcat

waxtomcat Forum Resident

I was in my local B&N yesterday for the first time in about a month, and they had moved most of their jazz into the $7.99 bin. Lots of Prestige titles in there. Ended up picking up Penguin and Heroes Are Hard To Find by Fleetwood Mac.

My local Best Buy has liquidated their entire CD department except for a $5 bin and a display with new releases. It looks like 2012 might indeed be the end for music as a physical product - at least in brick and mortar businesses.

4. therockman

therockman Senior Member In Memoriam

On my recent trip to Walmart I bought a copy of Janet Jackson's Control, on AM+, pressed in Japan. It was in the $5.00 bin, but I work there so I got a 10% discount. I think it was a good deal.

5. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

Check out your local FYE for discounted cds in front of store.
    They had a rack of 2 for $3 and another with 75 percent off sticker price.
    I grabbed 4 brand new CCR sacds for $7.50 each and several other asst cds for $1.50 each.
    Lots of good import titles cheap.

6. waxtomcat

waxtomcat Forum Resident

Thanks for the tip. Haven't been in FYE in awhile, so I will try to make it over in the next few days.

7. Cream

Cream Member

$5 is a lot of pay for most CDs IMO. I usually troll Amazon or half.com. Amazon has plenty of CDs for $0.01 with $2.98 shipping. Just picked up Eric Clapton's From the Cradle for $2.99 total tonight actually. I'll have to check out FYE though. Haven't been there in forever.

8. I picked up Waylon Jennings' Ramblin' Man recently at Walmart for $5. They do seem to be slowly expanding the number of artists and albums featured in the $5 bins.

9. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

Just today for $5 each, I bought the Sony/Legacy remastered John Denver Rocky Mountain Christmas and the original CD mastering of the Harry Belafonte Christmas album, at Wal-Mart.

10. DreamIsOver

DreamIsOver Senior Member

I was in a Best Buy today. The $4.99 bin was full of the usual titles but now had white and red signage stating it was the "Clearance" bin.

11. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge

Anywhere from 3 - 6 bucks is normal on Amazon, not including shipping.

12. npc210

npc210 Forum Resident

Not sure if the Walmart bins have gotten new stock since October -- personally, I haven't looked in months -- but just posting because one of my selections was America's S/T album.

What a GREAT album and nice sounding too ... money well spent, that's for sure. :righton:

nbakid2000 likes this.
  13. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

I look in the Walmart bins once in awhile. It seems they get restocked fairly regularly since they seem to be filled to the top. I have seldom found anything in there that I really want.

14. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

got "well respected man" at wal mart for cheap. also got a double disc t rex compilation at rite aid a few months back for 6 bucks.

JimC likes this.
  15. Frangelico

Frangelico Forum Resident

$5 for Miles Davis' Seven Steps to Heaven at Fry's. Nice performances and sound. $4 for Hendrix's South Saturn Delta at Best Buy. Bad performances and brutal sound. Unlistenable, but it does come with a nice booklet.

16. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

What was the title of the T Rex comp?

Darryl

17. nbakid2000

I find I have most everything worth having they put in there.

18. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

But... I keep looking. One man's trash is another's treasure!

19. nbakid2000

Well yeah, I keep looking too. I just usually end up disappointed.

20. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

The T.Rex Wax Co. Singles A's and B's, 1972-77

21. Have anyone of you guys seen in those $5 or $7 bins (could be Best Buy too) James Taylor's "One Man Dog"?

I could swear I'd seen it once... then never saw it again! Maybe just my imagination running wild...

22. music4life

music4life Senior Member

I gave up looking at my local Walmart that opened a few months ago. The $5 bin there is nothing but Spanish titles...

23. Groggy

Groggy Forum Resident

Nice! At a nice price too...........

24. nbakid2000

No, never.

25. apple-richard

apple-richard *Overnight Sensation*

Went to Menards (Midwest version of Home Depot) this morning to see if there was anything new in their $5 bin.

Osmonds Phase III / Live two fer import on Cherry Red
    Phish Brooklyn Live 3 CD Rhino
    The Who Endless Wire 3 Cd 1 DVD Universal

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.