$5.00 off coupon code for Tower Records

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by rjstauber, Dec 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PMC7027

PMC7027 Forum Hall Of Fame

There was no need to answer me (your post #22) with "Well, duh".

I will not get into a discussion with someone who hasn't filled out a profile.

2. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

I apologize. I thought you were ensenuating that I didn't understand the mathematics of what I was contributing.

Also, what is a profile and what does it have to do with a discussion?

3. WestGrooving

WestGrooving Forum Resident

Hey Thanks for sharing the coupon info! As a new customer there, I placed and order but forgot the coupon code (duh). I called a few minutes later and they were nice enough to cancel my order and re-enter it. New order doesn't show in order status, so not sure if any problems. Anyways, I appreciate the info.

4. PMC7027

PMC7027 Forum Hall Of Fame

If you click on the "User CP" link you will get to the section that lets you fill out your profile. You can put your name, age, location, all kinds of info about your audio equipment, etc.

Had I seen your profile and found out that you were much younger than I I was going to say, in response to your "Well, duh" that you should respect your elders. :laugh:

I'm sorry my post about the mathematics wasn't clear. I just wanted to let people know that $5 off of $25 isn't always better than 10% off.

5. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

New coupon: FEB2006

$5 off an order of $30 or more, plus free shipping.

6. ec461

ec461 Forum Resident

I was hoping for a $5 off $25 coupon like last month's ROCKSTAR. Oh well :(

7. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

The order I put in last month with rockstar still hasn't been shipped. I'm thinking they're probably going to blow it off soon.

8. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

If you ordered something that wasn't in stock, a "special order" item, then they try to get it for 30 days before refunding you.
    The good news is, if you have one or more items that are in stock that they are holding, then they will ship them after 30 days regardless, and the $5 off will stay in effect even if the items being shipped total less than $25.

9. ec461

ec461 Forum Resident

That's strange. I already received the order I placed with ROCKSTAR. And the stuff I ordered was "Ships within 5 days".

10. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

Why's that strange?

11. ec461

ec461 Forum Resident

That's why it's strange ;)

12. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

It's because your stuff wasn't "special order."

13. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

My stuff was "Advance" when I ordered it. It turned into "Special Order" later on, after they decided to not stock it, apparently.

14. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

Was it that Nektar release?

15. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

Talking Heads '77 CD+DVD-Audio 2 disk set.

16. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

Here you go: ADDVICE will get you that.

17. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

So what should I buy? Byrds or Earth, Wind & Fire. They are both 30.99 before discount. Can't afford both at the moment.

18. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

The EWF MFSL sound fantastic! If you like the music, you'll love this release.

I just ordered the Jimmy Read AF SACD from Tower. It says 'special order'. What happened to this title? Did it ever come out?

19. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

My experience with 'special order' on Tower.com is 'forget about it'.

I read somewhere it did come out, but went out of print.

20. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

Yeah, I pretty much figured that too.. So I used the $5 coupon for the $17.99 SACD and a $12.99 other disc... so what happens when the Jimmy Reed doesn't ship? Where does my $5 go to?

21. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Don't quote me on this, but if I remember correctly I used a coupon in a similar way and they shipped the available one sooner, charging my credit card for the price minus the coupon value.

I waited until I got the "can't fill order" email from them (for the second, special order disc), but I suppose I could have just proactively canceled the order sooner and gotten the full coupon value off an amount below the minimum value required on the coupon's fine print.

This seems to be a loophole, but I wouldn't think Tower would mind too much because it takes effort to manipulate for a minimal gain, and the bottom line is that they are moving product either way.

Craig(VC).

22. jeffrey r

jeffrey r Member

The Jimmy Reed AF SACD did come out, but it is OOP and becoming ever scarcer. I picked up the only copy at my local Tower B&M store. It's a real nice SACD.

23. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

GET2WRK

15% off and free shipping

FIVE DAYS ONLY: Feb. 9-13, 2006

24. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

This offer expires soon, in case you haven't used it already. There is no minimum purchase amount.

25. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

Coupon Code (ADDVICE) expired on 02/14/2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.