50% ALL CD's at Barnes and Noble thru July 22nd 2018 (in store only)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Jason Pumphrey, Jul 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jason Pumphrey

Jason Pumphrey Forum Resident Thread Starter

This cd sale at B&N is in store only and runs till Sunday July 22nd.
    Some nice deals to be had, just will have to hunt for them, as their regular price is MSRP.
    The 50% off is off the regular sticker price, not a sale sticker price.

There are quite a few Rhino Flashback cds with $5.99 price tags BTW, even better if you have a membership and coupons to sweeten the deal.

lightbulb, dee, JasonA and 2 others like this.
  2. puffyrock2

puffyrock2 Forum Resident

Thanks for the heads-up! I'll stop by tonight and see if I can find any good deals since I'm a member also.

3. efraley

efraley Forum Resident

Got Who Came First for $18 and the first Dead album reissue for less than $10.

lightbulb likes this.
  4. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Is there a link to the sale info? I'm in a B&N and there is no sale in sight.

5. puffyrock2

puffyrock2 Forum Resident

I see it listed here

Coupon Codes and Deals

lightbulb likes this.
  6. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Yep, it works. I asked at the customer service desk and the sale was confirmed. She acknowledged they were given no signage. I'll post later on the sick deals I procured.

lightbulb and dee like this.
  7. dee

dee Senior Member

And here I thought I was getting deals shopping at 1 of the local record stores and using well over an hour to end up with a pack of 100 Sound Sleeves and just 3 LP's for about $25 . Will have to get an early start Saturday. Wonder if sale includes CD Box Sets? Look forward to reading about anyone's haul there today...

lightbulb and SJP like this.
  8. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Yes.

lightbulb and dee like this.
  9. n.phelge

n.phelge Forum Resident

It's been a while since I've been in a B&N - what is the stock like and what are some deals that people are finding?

Thanks

dee likes this.
  10. dee

dee Senior Member

+1.

The stock in the 3 stores I'm near to for Rock and Pop etc. is generally pretty decent. They keep box sets behind the register, cashier counter as well...

lightbulb likes this.
  11. Jason Pumphrey

The Sgt. Pepper deluxe would have been a pretty sweet deal, had it not been tightly spyder wrapped.:realmad:

CWillman likes this.
  12. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Anymore their stock is great compared to Best Buy and Target.

lightbulb likes this.
  13. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I'd have bought Eagles Hotel California super deluxe at $45 if I didn't find one last weekend for $40. I saw this at the two B&N I went into today.

The overpriced-on-initial-release have a way of working themselves out for those who are patient.

lightbulb likes this.
  14. I don't like the implications of this sale - this is more or less a CD inventory clearance. Barnes had been the last national retailer that had hung on to its music section. I dread they greatly downsize the section after Labor Day.

15. Jason Pumphrey

Some good possible deals

These will be all $2.99, or $2.69 with membership, and even cheaper if you have a coupon.

Yes, Fragile, Close to the Edge, Classic Yes
    Hall and Oates, Abandoned Luncheonette
    Iron Butterfly, In A Gadda...
    Rascals, Very Best of
    Coasters, Very Best of
    Sam and Dave, Very best of
    Christopher Cross, Very best of
    George Benson, Breezin'
    Deep Purple, Machine Head, Made in Japan
    Foghat, Live
    Best of the Doobies
    Seals and Crafts Greatest Hits

An odd thing I noticed, is many of these titles are no longer in stock at Amazon brand new, hopefully these have not all gone out of print.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
    JasonA and black sheriff like this.
  16. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

Store I was at had a sparce selection, got a couple of greatest hits cds for 2 and 3 bucks. Might try a different store today

17. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

They seem to really promote vinyl there way more than CDs. So clearing some out makes sense.

18. tanqueray cowboy

tanqueray cowboy Forum Resident

I was in B&N about 15 minutes before they closed last night (to get a coffee) and noticed the sale sign. Also noticed they were rearranging the music and video section. The CDs are already a fourth of what they were a few years ago. No surprise there. I'll scoot back over today to see what I can find.

19. Jason Pumphrey

Went to the other store in my area, they also had the Sgt Pepper set spider wrapped, GRRRR!
    Yes I understand they don't want the item stolen, but these anti theft devices ruin physical media packaging.

20. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

Went to a couple stores some are completely barren wastelands in the media area except vinyl while others have tons of media. I think they pulled box sets I didn’t see any at all

Got the queen best of volumes 1,2,3 disc set for 60% off after membership discount
    And some various blues compilations for a couple bucks

One even had Tom petty live anthology on cd, but I have the vinyl plus it’s on streaming so I left that

And FYI it seems pricing isn’t standard for some reason, the essential B.B. king I got for 3 bucks was 2x the price at a different location

21. lightbulb

lightbulb Not the Brightest of the Bunch

Last night I picked up the Laura Nyro CD of “Eli and The Thirteenth Confession” for $3.49 plus tax - half off the normal full (white) stickered price of $6.99.

22. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

Haven't seen a sale like this since Hastings and other stores went under.

Got a nice stack at local B and N with a lot of great titles cheap.
    Used Brother in Law discount card for an extra 10 percent off.
    Usual Beatles/Springsteen/U2 etc box sets.....nothing special.
    I got lots of prestige jazz titles and many deluxe and recent sets as well.
    20 discs came to about $5 bucks a piece with tax.
    Get out there and take a look around....get u sum!!

PhantomStranger and dee like this.
  23. Leviathan

Leviathan Forum Resident

I was able to get the Jethro Tull Aqualung 2 cd/ 2 dvd set for just over $20.

smarone313, dee and lightbulb like this.
  24. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

My local B&N doesn't have a music section, just a stand up front near the register with about 10 cds on it. I did end up buying Coltrane's Both Directions at Once deluxe edition though. With the 50% off coupon it was still $11.99, so just $4 cheaper than everyday Amazon's price.

While that's not bad, it's not something that makes me want to run back there and buy anything else.

25. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

Good deal.
    I believe that is out of print.

lightbulb likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.