50th Anniversary all things Beatles White Album

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by tinnox, Feb 8, 2018.

1. johnny moondog 909

johnny moondog 909 Beatles-Lennon & Classic rock fan

So far the Beatles harmonies version of Goodnight, is my leading reason to buy this set. I'm interested in several other outtakes too of course. I have a feeling the album remix will be nice, but so similar most people wouldn't notice it's a remix. I'm curious about Gently Weeps take 2 also. The as yet undescribed electric take. Also the new Across The Universe mix.

2. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

He lives in NJ too, in fact, I told him I'd have him over for a listening session months ago while he was guaranteeing that it would never happen and while I told him it was coming 100%. I even predicted that he'd hear it prior to release

Well, it's prior to release, and I have the WA. Offer still stands Schnitz

3. Brother Nerk

Brother Nerk Forum Resident

Glad for you, MW. For the rest of us, there's a thing named Kinfauns Demos Remastered 2016 that I'm honing in on. Much better than my old CDs. Sour Milk Sea Remastered is extended length and easy to find.

tinnox and Lewisboogie like this.
  4. NumberEight

NumberEight Came too late and stayed too long

I’d never seen it before, but then I wasn’t in the USA in 1968. Hopefully someone on this forum will be able to corroborate or refute this...

tinnox likes this.
  5. TonyClifton63

TonyClifton63 Forum Resident

I would listen to Stoller. He looks scary! It's the anticipation that's killing me...and reading thru this thread every damn day. Personally I'm starting with the outtakes and I'm ok not reading any spoilers. Personal preference.

6. Isaac Azimuth

Isaac Azimuth Forum Resident

Very optimistic of you. I'm still not sure I concur, though! Even when I'm 61.
    Stay busy, stay busy....
    I'm trying.

tinnox likes this.
  7. Isaac Azimuth

Wonderful thought, yet I think you know something that even advance reviewers are sworn to secrecy about... :)

tinnox and Beatle Ed like this.
  8. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

I have the original Vigotone Kinfauns and this is definitely an upgrade of what I had. But now making disks with varieties of remix, Esher and outtakes to stop zeroing in on one disk

tinnox and drum_cas like this.
  9. apple corpse

apple corpse Forum Resident

Did Giles fly in bits & pieces of different takes and create new versions this way (as his father George did for the anthology project?) I sure hope not.

10. Isaac Azimuth

Hey Jude / Revolution EP with outtakes maybe?

tinnox, Morton LaBongo and YpsiGypsy like this.
  11. Norman garriock

Norman garriock Forum Resident

I will download this one to be certain of having it on the day. I am based in a remoteisland group off the north off Scotland so delivery is kinda unreliable otherwise. Also because i use an ipad/iphone as my only computer sources so copying the cds to listen to as files is not a simple option. Its all cool, I don't see such enquiries as confrontational.

Drewzel, tinnox, coffeetime and 3 others like this.
  12. Colocally

Colocally One Of The New Wave Boys

Gotcha! That makes perfect sense. :)

tinnox and Norman garriock like this.
  13. John Inglis

John Inglis Well-Known Member

And there is the Kinfauns Demos edition that appeared earlier this year as Mark noted in May,

@marklewisohn
    Young dudes of Wavertree, Toxteth, Woolton & Allerton. Back from all that was India. New songs in heads and notebooks - 23 of them played in George’s self-graffitied bungalow, 50 years back •now•. 4-track one inch tape, acoustic as written. Go. Upgrade circulating. #lifeloveart

12:32 PM - 31 May 2018

14. YpsiGypsy

YpsiGypsy Forum Resident

F-ing A Right! Awesome idea!
    I like that idea better than a single.

ODIrony and tinnox like this.
  15. Brother Nerk

Brother Nerk Forum Resident

Ahhh, a true aficionado I perceive. I've been spinning Unsurpassed Demos by Yellow Dog lo the many years since its '91 release. Also the 7 disc Essential White Album LP by Kip the Kool Kat. Will these old friends be soon forgotten I wonder.

16. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

I'll be getting it November 10th...the day of my birth.

17. It is strange to me too.

tinnox and Brother Nerk like this.
  18. Morton LaBongo

Morton LaBongo Forum Resident

I'm really in shock that the 50th Anniversary of Hey Jude/Revolution came and went without any release. And apparently nothing planned for the upcoming record store day. Last year they did a great job with the new Penny Lane/SFF 45, so I expected the same would happen this year. Very confusing.

19. A well respected man

A well respected man Some Mother's Son

Yes, it was when the '09 remasters. It was his son Giles the one who told the story. Giles was perplexed that the remastering team had chosen the remixed Help! and RS for the stereo box out of respect for Martin senior, so he went and asked his dad if he minded, and apparently George M. didn't even remember having remixed them in the 80s.

But it was too late, so they decided to include the original mixes of those two in the mono box.

tinnox, voles and Lewisboogie like this.
  20. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Lol! Vigotone, Yellow Dog and Pegboy all good friends from the past!

21. applejam101

applejam101 Humble Fan

Now that is a name I haven't heard in a long time.

tinnox likes this.
  22. Lewisboogie

Lewisboogie “Bob Robert”

Are you talking about what I always call the *traffic noise sound? I think it’s simlar to one of the loops on Tomorrow Never Knows.

23. John Inglis

John Inglis Well-Known Member

And the 12 cd The History and Synthesis of Western Music,
    collection of White Album outtakes, etc, and
    reconstructions to recreate unreleased outtakes

24. Mr. Nastey

Mr. Nastey Forum Resident

It was asked earlier on in the thread. I have it on a set called "Playback". It's 8 cd's of monitor mixes from '62 - '70. It was recorded the same day as "Brian Epstein Blues" and John's (ahem) song about a duck, both of which were out for years on boot, but "Marahashi" was elusive. It's fairly short, and about the same sound quality as "BE Blues". It wasn't a proper take as such, it was just a rough jam with John singing what is thought to be the original lyrics. I was glad I heard it, but I probably only listened to it a half dozen times in all the years I've had it.

tinnox, MrRom92 and Lewisboogie like this.
  25. Lewisboogie

Lewisboogie “Bob Robert”

:wave: I didn’t realize anyone here was familiar with Kip the Kool Kat. Traded often with him in the early days of the Internet. I remember finding a sealed vinyl Yellow Submarine Songtrack for him, along with an Anthology 3. (I have that 7 disc White Album set as well.)