50th Anniversary all things Beatles White Album

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by tinnox, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Beatle Ed

Beatle Ed Forum Resident

Me too!! :shh:

tinnox and ODIrony like this.
  2. Beatle Ed

Beatle Ed Forum Resident

It was the lack of Hey Jude remix that did it! :laugh:

3. Norman garriock

Norman garriock Forum Resident

In my fevered imagination, I saw Schnitz as being like that Dennis Hopper character in 'Speed', gloating in his dark room as he watched the chaos he created. And that same look of horror when he was caught out. But Maccawings offer to share the listening experience moved me somewhat. Indeed that offer summed up the sense of real community we have here; despite our disagreements we share a genuine love of the music and the pleasure it engenders. So, it is a real shame that life got in the way, I wish him luck and hope whatever fammily issues are going on, he gets to enjoy the forthcoming release as much as the rest of us.

4. Mark R Jones

Mark R Jones Beatles fan from 10 years old

Is his mix of '..Walrus' the one that introduces an orchestral sound on the fade out that WAS NOT there in the earlier mixes? It sticks out like sore thumb to me. Not sure if it was there originally but virtually inaudible and it's been brought forward for some reason. Every time I hear it I think "That should not be there". I'm surprised I've not seen more people mention it. It annoys me too! (I know it shouldn't!)

tinnox likes this.
  5. Isaac Azimuth

Isaac Azimuth Forum Resident

maccawings said:
    He had to cancel at the last minute sadly. A family thing. Waiting for him to reschedule

How very lovely to wake up on a Sunday morning and witness such camaraderie! It's authentic and makes me proud to join in on this forum.

6. grsmnkey

grsmnkey Forum Resident

I know this information is scattered throughout this thread but...

In the US, is the 4LP pressed by Optimal or QRP? Is the 2 LP pressed by Optimal or QRP?

tinnox likes this.
  7. milk731

milk731 Forum Resident

Super excited for this release. I plan to get the super deluxe edition. I’ve never heard most of the Esher demos before and those plus the sessions discs are going to be a real treat. Hurry up November 9 November 9 November 9.

8. mikecarrera

mikecarrera Forum Resident

I wish I could talk about the tracks and answer some questions from past days but I've been told to respect and wait for the right time, but I do can say that I'm doing the track by track or "side by side" review from this vs bootlegs and OH BOY, HUGE surprises, specially where you don't think it could none (CD 3). And I mean HUGE surprises, not just sound quality improvement.
    The review will be ready after some listening events in my area that the record company is planning for the media and some fans and will be published online and here as usual days BEFORE the release date.

P.S. and for those folks here that have had the discs from many days now and haven't noticed what I'm talking about, DO NOT rush now and try to compare the disk I've told just to see what's is HUGE and post it here, if you haven't noticed at first or second or third listen, well, now you wait and don't spoil my review, it will be my turn now guys!:)

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  9. Gila

Gila Forum Resident

I am sorry.

paolo, tinnox and voles like this.
  10. Solaris

Solaris a bullet in flight

I want to be clear that I don’t have the box yet but a friend let me listen to his copy. Suffice to say I can’t wait to get my physical copy of the super deluxe, and I think you’re all going to be extremely pleased when you get yours. It’s beautifully done and to my mind surpasses the Pepper box.

Please take my comments about compression with a grain of salt, too. I realized when I woke up this morning that what I said yesterday could be construed as saying the Esher Demos sounded bad, which they do not! And I must reiterate that “Circles” was a revelation. Like a different song. Seriously, wow.

11. MAMTP2018

MAMTP2018 Forum Resident

Does anyone know if the 5.1 mix sounds better and more centered than the 2018 mix? What are the expectations?

tinnox likes this.
  12. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

It does all come down to the music we love! It's an offer I'd make to anyone that lived close enough.

13. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

No worries. Call it as you see it

tinnox and Solaris like this.
  14. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Exciting times these Anniversaries.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  15. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

16. alexpop

Wobble " You mean EC guitar going through the Leslie speaker?

tinnox likes this.
  17. alexpop

Way to go.

Lewisboogie, Jimmy Cooper and tinnox like this.
  18. Gila

Gila Forum Resident

Interesting. Can you describe in more detail and give time index?

Lewisboogie and tinnox like this.
  19. stever

stever Senior Member

I'm on the fence about purchasing the 3-CD set. I wouldn't spring for anything more. I want the Esher demos, but my gosh, the Beatles in stereo were redone in 2009 and in mono in 2014. Besides all the extras, why is THIS edition of the proper White Album worth buying again?

tinnox likes this.
  20. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Gently weeping guitarist.

Is Denmark close enough? :D

21. alexpop

See a few folk have the box so far, it's not officially out yet for three weeks. Good news I guess, meaning there should be TWA50th magazine reviews soon as well as the product itself will be out the same time !!!!!

ODIrony, Lewisboogie and tinnox like this.
  22. voles

voles Forum Lurker

Exit from what?

ODIrony and tinnox like this.
  23. alexpop

IronWaffle and tinnox like this.
  24. voles

voles Forum Lurker

Well if you buy the 3CD version:
    The first remix of The Beatles
    The 27 Escher Demos

If you get the 'Super Deluxe' version you also get:
    3 sides of outtakes
    Blu-Ray with high rez stereo and 5.1 surround mixes. Also the master Mono version, presumably in higher rez than the original Beatles in Mono release.
    There is also a book and a nice box I believe.

25. John Inglis

John Inglis Well-Known Member

I'm also interested in the answer to grsmnkey's question

tinnox likes this.