66th Primetime Emmys Nominees and Winners

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Larry Mc, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Larry Mc

Larry Mc Forum Dude Thread Starter

2. Larry Mc

3. Larry Mc

rburly likes this.
  4. Thomas D

Thomas D Forum Resident

For this category, gotta be either Cranston or McConaughey. The others' roles just didn't seem to demand the same depth.

5. lbangs

lbangs Senior Member

I was shocked that James Spader didn't get nominated. I'm not upset - he's good, but that's a tough crew he probably doesn't quite deserve to be in this year - but once upon a time, he could belch and mysteriously get nominated. The Emmys love him...

The only person really out of place above is Jeff Daniels, a fine actor, but not one this season worthy of taking a place from Michael Sheen or Matthew Rhys...

Shalom, y'all!

L. Bangs

6. Bender Rodriguez

Bender Rodriguez RIP Exene, best dog ever. 2005-2016

Tatiana Maslany snubbed once again.

Deesky, subzro, chacha and 2 others like this.
  7. lbangs

lbangs Senior Member

I was sticking to the Best Actor category, but yeah, this was the most embarrassing snub...

Shalom, y'all!

L. Bangs

Bender Rodriguez likes this.
  8. Larry Mc

I'm leaning your way but it's still a hard choice for me. It's Cranstons last chance and McConaughey is having an amazing year.

9. Scott Wheeler

Scott Wheeler Forum Resident

10. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Good to see Mad Men and True Detective getting a lot of love.

James Spader was robbed for not getting a best male for Blacklist. That show would be nothing w/o him.

11. rjp

rjp Senior Member

i though that michelle monaghan should have been nominated for best supporting actress also (true detective)

and spader is, simply, the best!

and i'll end with a question:

why is the role that matthew mcanaughy had (true detective) any different form the role that billie bob thorton had (fargo)? both limited dramatic series, with no chance of return, both on cable networks, what was the difference?

12. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

13. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

great list! as I really like all of them...

14. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

he does add much to any show he is in...Boston Legal was still his best by far...I am a fan!

Larry Mc likes this.
  15. Larry Mc

I still can't make up my mind.:shrug:

16. Larry Mc

I have to admit, I'm surprised that some of the Visual Arts guys like Vidiot are not chiming in here on the various choices for actress, best tv show, etc. I guess there is no interest????

17. Scott Wheeler

Scott Wheeler Forum Resident

It's the Emmys. :yawn:

Larry Mc likes this.
  18. Lord Summerisle

Lord Summerisle Forum Resident

Breaking Bad to sweep.

alexpop likes this.
  19. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

If you read any of the trade papers you would think this was one the best Emmy shows in history. In fact, it was one of the most unfunny shows in history, starting with Seth Meyers. So many jokes fell flat-so many bits were awkwardly bad (Steven Colbert, Weird Al). Best bits involved Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Bryan Cranston-two vets who really know what the hell they're doing. Even the winners were getting bitched about. The only show I thought should not have won was Modern Family for Best Comedy series. Yes, it's a funny show, but no where near what it once was. Also, enough Jim Parsons! But, good to see Breaking Bad going out on top. Best moment was Billy Crystal's tribute to Robin Williams-touching and heartfelt.

rburly and Vidiot like this.
  20. modrevolve

modrevolve Forum Resident

I dunno; we had a lot of good laughs. My favorite moments were the Robin Williams tribute and Billy on the Street. Neither of us are fans of Modern Family or Breaking Bad and since we were watching it about 45 minutes behind we were able to fast forward through all those acceptance speeches of shows I care nothing about. I do plan on seeking out The Normal Heart sometime soon.

21. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

Interesting thing is that Sherlock won the most Emmys (if you include creative arts) with 7. Probably as many people have seen the show.

guy incognito and Vidiot like this.
  22. SizzleVonSizzleton

SizzleVonSizzleton The Last Yeti

I felt sorry for Aaron Paul. It's like he knew this was a goodbye to the industry since he's never going to maintain his Breaking Bad profile! When pointing out his wife I thought he might say "get a good look at the woman who will surely be leaving me within the next two years"!!

23. music4life

music4life Senior Member

Watched the first hour. Thats all I could make it through.

24. cwsiggy

cwsiggy Forum Resident

I think he will have legs. He just wrapped Ridley Scott's Exodus playing a major character and has a lot in the pipeline. It will all come down to the quality of his agents and script picking...

I give Aaron Paul a good chance at a long career. He's a good actor.

Tord, Dan C and Bender Rodriguez like this.
  25. dlokazip

dlokazip Forum Transient

Julia Louis-Dreyfus was amazing. It was great to see her win. Otherwise, it was Breaking Bad's night. The good news for the losers is that it's over.

I noted to my wife that they knew putting Robin Williams' name on the picture was unnecessary. Classy move to leave the unspoiled picture. Billy Crystal did a good job in tribute.

I was shocked Modern Family won. I was already miffed that Brooklyn Nine-Nine was snubbed.

I don't know what to tell you about Jim Parsons. I think his best Sheldon performances are behind him, but obviously others disagree.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.