66th Primetime Emmys Nominees and Winners

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Larry Mc, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Sherlock is a great show, and I'm really glad the Academy recognized it. The trades are already saying that Sherlock now has more buzz than Downton Abbey, and that's saying something.

His best performances are when he goes to the bank to cash those million-dollar weekly paychecks... :sigh:

Aaaaaaa, I'm just being snarky. He's really funny and talented, and all the actors deserve a ton of money for a show this successful.

Did you see Need for Speed? :cry:

I know a guy who worked on the movie, and he said that Aaron was really great to work with every single day and a total pro.

2. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

What was the question again?

I'm really glad that Breaking Bad took home a bunch of Emmys, especially when you consider that last episode was on a year ago! Great, great memorable show -- and also a series that I think will be very influential on future shows.

Tord and alexpop like this.
  3. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

My problem with Jim Parsons is not that he is untalented-if you saw Normal Heart you know that's not true. The problem is that this year Louis C.K. showed a depth to his acting that far surpassed anyone else in the category. It does lend some credence to the notion that Academy voters rubber stamp certain categories, especially in comedy, and that really does a disservice to actors and shows that are more deserving of acknowledgement. One thing is becoming evident: FX is really becoming the little network that could. The ratio of quality shows on FX (notwithstanding the abomination that is Charlie Sheen's "Anger Management") is very high. Now can we start giving "The Americans" some Emmy love?

4. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Too many repeat winners this year.

5. razerx

razerx Forum Resident

That Cary Fukunaga is one good looking guy. He should be in front of the camera. Good thing I am confident about my sexuality else I would be interested in playing for the other team.

6. rjp

rjp Senior Member

matthew mcconaughy not winning is an absolute travesty.

i don't care if it was the last season of "breaking bad", i don't care how good brian cranston has been for i don't care how many years,

matthew mcconaughy was, in a word brilliant.

shame on everyone who did not vote for mcconaughy, shame.

and the same goes for billy bob.

7. lbangs

lbangs Senior Member

I absolutely disagree and additionally am thrilled we didn't have to suffer through another one of the guy's acceptance speeches.

Besides, the brother should have been in the miniseries category, and the voters were fairly strict not voting for misplaced nominees this year (at least for the actual awards).

I think you've a far better argument with Thorton.

All my opinion, natch.

Shalom, y'all!

L. Bangs

rburly likes this.
  8. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

I agree that Louis is getting better as am actor but he's nowhere close to "Best" in my opinion. I can't remember who else was nominated though,

9. lbangs

lbangs Senior Member

At any given moment during the school day, you can likely find at least 7 Sherlock fans in any random classroom at the college where I work...

Once they put the early ones on Netflix, the show took off with the young 'uns.

Shalom, y'all!

L. Bangs

10. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Alright, alright, alright! Not.

I think McConnaughy was going in pretty smugly sure that he was going to win. But ya gotta give props to Breaking Bad. I think people will remember this show vividly 10 years from now, and not that many dramatic shows can say that.

No question, we had many extraordinarily good actors nominated this year. I really hope that Jon Hamm finally wins next year for Mad Men, because he's a damn good actor that gets ignored too often.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
    Tord, lbangs and Hawkeye like this.
  11. lbangs

lbangs Senior Member

Yeah, fair or not, I believe most of Hamm's chances will ride on how good that final batch of episodes prove...

Shalom, y'all!

L. Bangs

12. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

With Jon Hamm's luck, Jeff Daniels will beat him next year with only 6 episodes of The Newsroom in its final season to choose from.

13. Sully

Sully Forum Resident

I usually watch the beginning and stay with it for about a half hour. This year I ended up watching (on & off) the entire show. I thought the pacing was pretty good this year and Seth Meyers far exceeded my expectations (he appeared very relaxed and had some great jokes). What's with Jimmy Fallon? Somebody should have told him that interrupting the show with schtick is not inherently funny just because you're Jimmy Fallon. :sigh:

14. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

I don't think any actor really going in to these things thinks they're going to win- especially if the competition is the last season of Breaking Bad.
    As far as Jon Hamm goes, I think he's a better comedic actor than a dramatic one . He's really funny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.