80s hits that don't sound like they were produced in the 80s

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by sgtmono, Mar 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rodz42

Rodz42 Forum Resident

I actually think that Lead Me On Sounds very 80's. Not as 80's as Unguarded material, but 80's nonetheless

2. rcsrich

rcsrich Forum Resident

BTW, I dig your profile picture- big fan of the SG, have had a number of them over the years, including a groovy late 60's junior with a hand decorated pickguard not so different from the one in your photo. :)

3. rockledge

rockledge Forum Resident

I really am not a fan of SG, never cared for their tone and the fact they are neck heavy.
    That guitar is a Jay Tursor, I much prefer it to SGs for its workmanship and sound.
    It is also very well balanced, unlike SGs which when you let go of the neck the neck dives toward the floor.
    I replaced the pickups with EMG passives, which I gobble up when I see them on craigs list. They are perfect for my sound. I cut the clear faceplate and the artwork, the faceplate is made of lexan.
    I like it as well for the reach, I play a lot of slide and often play slide over the pickups up past the fretboard, and with the Tursor it is easy to do because the neck is set into the body in such a way to give a lot of reach past the horns.

rcsrich likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.