A Case for Two Turntables?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by avanti1960, Aug 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 56GoldTop

56GoldTop Forum Resident

I don't know if this gent is on this forum; but... (he has a really nice and large collection of carts, too)

[​IMG]

Personally, I am down to 10 turntables, now. However, I've only ever had 3 running simultaneously. I prefer to keep 2 going in the main system; one for "pristine" stereo lps, the other for wide groove (possibly mono) and "less than stellar" vinyl. Beyond that, I cart swap at will; no notable issues. If I had a 2-arm setup, I might consider going with 1 turntable (w/ 2 phono stages).

Robin L likes this.
  2. Robin L

Robin L Musical Omnivore

I've got three functioning turntables because music. And I need another, functional, 78 player. But there's three turntables set up in three rooms and I like it that way.

3. ElizabethH

ElizabethH Forum Resident

I also own three TTs.
    Rega P5
    Kuzma Stabi/Sogi S
    And a Dual Golden One.

4. ggergm

ggergm another spring another baseball season

I've always wanted to have two turntables, a manual and an automatic. I listen to the automatic one probably more. Tonight, for example, I have it playing while I clean the house.

My two are a B&O tangential arm gramophone with a Soundsmith SMMC-2 cartridge and a VPI Classic2 with a Lyra Delos mounted up.

I do know what the OP means about having two turntables with a different tone. The B&O is definitely a warmer sounding set-up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
    56GoldTop likes this.
  5. avanti1960

avanti1960 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Ten turntables no waiting!

6. avanti1960

Always liked that B & O design statement, very nice table. I would say it reminds me of a Braun design but B & O are Sweedish.

7. avanti1960

Do you use each one for different styles of music or different reasons?

8. avanti1960

Lately going cartridge swap crazy- the Grado sounds incredible with classical music- lush warm sounding with little noise but doesn't have the detail for rock or some jazz / jazz fusion.

9. ggergm

ggergm another spring another baseball season

B&O is Danish. Watch your tongue, mister. Call a Dane a Swede and you are in for a bloody nose.

I sold B&O for 20 years. While certainly people bought B&O just because of its beauty, I had many engineers buy their turntables because of the way they were designed and built. Here are a few posts where I take apart my turntable, exposing the simplest motor imaginable to spin the record. It's not a belt, rim or direct drive turntable but instead has a linear induction motor drive. Crazy, man.

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threa...ble-s-thread-pt-3.223777/page-31#post-8728275

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
  10. atbolding

atbolding Forum Resident

You can get a case for two turntables from Amazon, just search DJ coffin:

[​IMG]

Maybe I should read more than just the thread title? haha...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.