A few photos from CES

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Steve Hoffman, Jan 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ed Bishop

Ed Bishop Incredibly, I'm still here

Well, some guys have all the fun...:D

Lori Lieberman, huh? Forgot all about her...."Killing Me Softly With His Blues"(original title), about Don McLean, though I'd like to know which songs, exactly, inspired her to focus on him...must've been the best ballads from AMERICAN PIE, since there isn't much on his 1st(TAPESTRY)or 3rd(DON McLEAN)that inspires in me anything other than the risk of triggering manic depression...calling most of both 'downbeat' would be an understatement...

Still, looks like you had fun, however *embalmed* you were;)

ED:cool:

2. Mike V

Mike V New Member

I'm on the list too, #30. I love Ginger. She's great.

3. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host Thread Starter

Ask 'em over at

www.audiofidelity.net

4. CardinalFang

CardinalFang New Member

Thanks Steve. I'll be calling Marshall momentarily...

You know, I'm not saving my money very well because of this website! "O Blues," my HMV order of all three Who CDs and Buddy Holly, the recent eBay purchase of the DCC Pet Sounds LP and some 7868 tubes for my Fisher amp... my wife's gonna kill me! ;)

5. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host Thread Starter

I feel your pain. :)

6. Sam

Sam Senior Member

Ok, In my earlier post to this thread I meant "Bill Evans--Sunday at the Village Vanguard", not Terry Evans. You guys must forgive me but I'm knee deep in a Master's program. Don't ignore me boys. Looking for the 45 Rpm release. I pre-ordered with Red Trumpet. Steve, has this shipped yet?

7. gregroe

gregroe Forum Resident

Glad you had a great show Steve sorry I missed you. Every time I stopped by I was told I just missed you. Oh well, Sorry I missed Kevin too. I was at the Lieberman concert but had to leave to catch the Earth, Wind and Fire show at the Venetian by Monster Cable. Did you catch up to any other Phonogramers?

8. jkerr

jkerr Senior Member

I'm not totally sure, but that and "Thelonious Monk With John Coltrane" is probably next month. Acoustic Sounds just shipped the 1st 2 in the series a couple weeks ago.

9. Monsieur Gadbois

Monsieur Gadbois Senior Member

I also missed Steve and Kevin at the record ball room but I had a chance to meet Lori Leiberman at the B.A.T./Wilson Watt Puppy 7 sound room. I was temped to ask her to sing "Kill me softly" but didn't have the guts....oh well.
    The best new releases I bought at the record ball room was: APO 45rpm of Bill Evans, Classic Record's Norah Jones and Roy Orbison(mono). The Cisco new releases of June Christy, Britten and Milstein were not quite as good as the originals, however, they are a lot quieter (a bit of life and air suckout) Still, they are pretty good.

Mike

10. Ronflugelguy

Ronflugelguy Resident Trumpet Geek

So if I never heard originals of the Cisco releases, I'll be perfectly happy with them?

11. Todd Fredericks

Todd Fredericks Senior Member

I know the titles of the new, future batch of AP 45's, I know the titles of the new, future batch of 45's!! No, I really don't but maybe Steve can give us some hints... :)

Todd

12. Monsieur Gadbois

Monsieur Gadbois Senior Member

13. Ronflugelguy

Ronflugelguy Resident Trumpet Geek

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.