A Glenn Miller Buy It Now sale of interest to forum members

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by BradOlson, Jan 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven Thread Starter

2. Larry Johnson

Larry Johnson Senior Member

$10.98 for 4 cds? Ordered! Some interesting Benny Goodman there too. Thanks for the heads up.

3. Farmer Mike

Farmer Mike Forum Resident

The Popular Recordings set is a 3 disc set, but the "Digital Mood" is the "ghost band". Still a good deal if they're in good shape.

4. BradOlson

Larry, you'll enjoy this copy of Unforgettable Glenn Miller for a basic single CD sampler as this is the good mastering, and Popular Recordings for going deeper with the studio recordings since it is a 3 CD set, and you get the Air Force Band on another CD in this lot. In The Digital Mood is a favorite of some people on this forum and is a ghost band recording as mentioned by Farmer Mike. Larry, if you wish to go even deeper than The Popular Recordings, seek out "The Complete Glenn Miller" but for most people "Unforgettable" is worthwhile a the single CD sampler and "Popular Recordings" for listening to something more than just the basic selection.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  5. BradOlson

The track listing of The Unforgettable Glenn Miller:
    1 Moonlight Serenade 3:23
    2 Little Brown Jug 2:51
    3 In The Mood 3:32
    4 Pennsylvania Six-Five Thousand 3:13
    5 Don't Sit Under The Apple Tree (With Anyone Else But Me) 3:11
    6 Sunrise Serenade 3:24
    7 Chattanooga Choo Choo 3:22
    8 Tuxedo Junction 3:25
    9 American Patrol 3:17
    10 I've Got A Gal In Kalamazoo 3:13
    11 Stardust 3:23
    12 St Louis Blues March 3:34
    13 Serenade In Blue 3:25
    14 Perfidia 3:20
    15 Juke Box Saturday Night 3:03
    16 A String Of Pearls 3:12

Tracks of the 3 CDs in Popular Recordings

[​IMG]

6. Larry Johnson

Larry Johnson Senior Member

I already have the wonderful "Unforgettable" you recommended years ago. Another won't hurt and I've never heard the other two. I like music that swings no matter what genre and Glenn Miller swings like few others.

BradOlson likes this.
  7. BradOlson

You can use the second Unforgettable copy as a Pay It Forward disc or use one in the car and one in the stereo. I am glad you are looking forward into going deeper in the Glenn Miller catalog with Popular Recordings and the Air Force Band discs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.