A new Guns N' Roses song has leaked

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jujuhounds, Nov 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zoot Marimba

Zoot Marimba And I’m The Critic Of The Group

This current lineup pretty much is the Axl Rose Project. One or two guys coming back doesn't change that

DTK likes this.
  2. mikedifr0923

mikedifr0923 Forum Resident

Duff and Slash is enough to make it GnR. They haven't had their original drummer and second guitar player for a long time so that doesn't matter. It's as much GnR and the use your illusion your lineup.

Chinese democracy was the axl rose project

NunoBento, Matthew Tate and No Bull like this.
  3. Zoot Marimba

Considering what we've gotten from those three since 1991, what reason is there to give a shot about new music? It's gonna suck and we all know it. Seriously, other than the first Snakepit album, none of them can make an album worth a **** without Izzy, the two leads barely talk to each other, there's not a real creative Fire or comradely there. The tour is a cash grab, plain and simple. Hell, Axl is probably more interested in making music with Angus at this point, and I'm more interested in that as well.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
    Szeppelin75, DTK and No Bull like this.
  4. mikedifr0923

First of all, I don't care about new music, second of all I happen to love Slash's last two solo albums as do a lot of people and they were successful.

Cash grab or not, some people didn't get to see them back in their first run together, God for bid they get a chance now...

AC/DC needs to retire in my opinion

But considering you don't understand what an opinion is, I'm done. Have a good night

5. Zoot Marimba

I do understand an opinion, and I'm disagreeing with your's

6. mikedifr0923

Claiming you don't like something is an opinion, claiming they can't make an album worth anything is stating something as fact.....which is completely false since he has made several successful albums, so obviously the fact is he CAN make something worth more than whatever you think it is

You not liking it is your opinion.

And it's Guns and Roses, that's a fact....not an opinion.

It's amazing how many people don't understand the difference these days.

Like I said before, have a good night.

No Bull likes this.
  7. Zoot Marimba

Successful and good aren't the same thing.
    In my opinion, those albums sold because he's a brand at this point.

PDK and DTK like this.
  8. HotelYorba101

HotelYorba101 Senior Member

I would say this current lineup is as legitimate as the Illusions lineup IMO, the dark ages of Guns N' Ashba are thankfully behind us

mikedifr0923 likes this.
  9. LonesomeDayBlues

LonesomeDayBlues Forum Resident

So what's the story behind this leak? Think someone has the whole 2001 version of the album?

No worries if you don't know, just curious. I love Chinese democracy just as much as their older albums. It's all gnr to me.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  10. NunoBento

NunoBento Rock 'n' Roll Star

Is this the original Madagascar from the cancelled "2000 intentions"? There were a few tracks on Youtube already.
    Back in the day, I had a custom Chinese Democracy from 2006 leaks which for most part was better (pun intended) than the 2008 released version.

It seems that the album got poorer and poorer over time and over continuous overproduction.

Here's the original powerful "There Was A Time" from the cancelled "2000 intentions"´

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
    mikedifr0923 likes this.
  11. NunoBento

Where's the song anyway? Can somebody provide me with a link, even by PM? It would be really appreciated :)

12. dtuck90

dtuck90 Forum Resident

It could be as Robin Finck isn’t on this as he left for about a year in 2000 I’m assuming to go on NINs Fragility tour and Axl erased all his contributions to the album

13. Szeppelin75

Szeppelin75 Forum Resident

Any new music without Izzy's input im not interested.

stetsonic, Ern, Zoot Marimba and 2 others like this.
  14. krisjay

krisjay Psychedelic Wave Rider

I like Izzy, I do, but why he gets the amount of praise, as though he would somehow be the GNR salvation, that I don't get. Izzy has put out some decent tunes, but let's not get crazy. I have stated before, if anyone is looking for this band to be the band who made AFD, hell, even the Illusion albums and Lies, it just isn't going to ever happen. The band who made AFD was a crazed, hungry, conglomerate of drug addled hooligans. The Illusion band was a band trying to be more than it could be, and on occasion actually pulling it ioff. To get those multi millionaire, mansion living, in some cases daily therapy having middle aged men in a room together, to create fire, doubtful at best. So yes GNR with Izzy is better, but he isn't going to bring enough wood for said fire to keep burning.

15. Michelle66

Michelle66 Senior Member

I loved Chinese Democracy, and binge-listened to it during my Thailand vacation in December 2008. (It took about 70 minutes to go from my hotel to downtown Bangkok by bus – perfect timing. Later, an excursion to Trat and Ko Chang meant that C.D. pretty much became the soundtrack to my entire vacation.)

I was also at Tokyo Dome in December 2009, when GnR played every song off the album (save "Riad N' the Bedouins") – a nearly four-hour extravaganza.

So, color me excited to hear this new leak, as "Madagascar" is one of my faves from that album (along with "Better", "Prostitute", and "Catcher in the Rye").

dtuck90 and Matthew Tate like this.
  16. NunoBento

Could you PM me a link with it, please? I'm getting crazy, having found nothing in the last hours.

17. Michelle66

Michelle66 Senior Member

Sorry, but I'm in the same boat as you. I want to hear it, but don't have a copy. :cry:

18. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

just sounds slightly less cluttered, more raw and a little heavier

19. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

Was "2000 Intentions" really a working title? It was rumored at one point a long time ago, but I thought Axl debunked the rumor (for what that is worth). Nevertheless, this version has a little more of an edge to it, but it also sounds a little raw (perhaps because of the sound quality).

I agree with the argument that Axl held on to this album too long, overworked it. Not only did he arguably release it too late (musically speaking, it likely would have made a far greater commercial impact around 1999-2002), but he ended up overproducing it. That said, I love the album and consider a great work, but I think it probably could have been better had it been released in an earlier configuration.

20. HotelYorba101

HotelYorba101 Senior Member

If Slash and Axl are working together on new material, I am interested

3coloursbeige and Matthew Tate like this.
  21. jujuhounds

jujuhounds Forum Resident Thread Starter

No, because there is also a 2001 version of there was a time that is different than this

Matthew Tate likes this.
  22. Orthogonian Blues

Orthogonian Blues A man with a fork in a world full of soup.

One theory (not ever proven) is that the record company rejected a couple of versions of the album between 1999-2002, I guess because they thought it would not be profitable if released (remember, the original $14 million advance was made before illegal downloading decimated record sales). It was supposedly only because Best Buy waved a load of money under Interscope's nose that it was even released at all. There is also talk that a follow up album of all new material was rejected in 2010 - again, never proven, and never mentioned by Axl himself.

Sometimes record company logic baffles me - surely they'll have a better chance of making their money back on an album if they actually give people a chance to buy the bloody thing! But hey, I am obviously not as smart as those guys - and everyone knows that it's the smartest people among us who always end up in positions of power, right?:evil:

Anyway, I guess the studio work undertaken between 2001/2 and 2008 was to integrate the contributions of newer members like Richard Fortus and Bumblefoot, and to accommodate additional ideas. Most of the songs on the final release were written in 1999/2000.

There were also supposedly scores of other tracks finished in the nu-gnr years. One of these days it is gonna make a hell of a box set.

Matthew Tate and NunoBento like this.
  23. Mateo Sanboval

Mateo Sanboval For me, the action is the juice.

Damn, that's really no good at all, is it?

Also, where is the blessed leaked song that this thread is supposed to be about?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  24. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

I have a hard time believing that Universal Music would have rejected a 2000 era version of Chinese Democracy. The industrial/metal/electronic fusion nature of the music fit well within the times commercially. IIRC, over $12 million had been spent by 2000 on the album, so it is difficult to imagine the label would not have taken delivery of the album had it been completed. I can appreciate that it is a theory among fans, but I have never heard anything substantial to support it, either from the Axl/GNR camp (one would think Doug Goldstein would have revealed such a scenario in one of his subsequent interviews where he was an open book), or through industry rumors.

I tend to side with the belief that Axl became very reclusive during the late-1990's/early-2000's and became overly consumed with the album to a point where he could not let it go, almost to a point where he could never release it due to a combination of obsessiveness, endless recording/production, and the album never being able to live up to they hype. Thank Irving Azoff for making the deal with Best Buy because otherwise there is a very good chance Chinese Democracy would still remain unreleased to this very day.

One can only imagine how tantalizing a box set from the 1998-2008 era would be. Even if it contained a lot of the same titles, there would likely be a number of fascinating alternate versions and mixes of tracks from different years and producers.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  25. Vinyl Socks

Vinyl Socks The Buzz Driver

I would say since they released the Use Your Illusion albums...utter rubbish.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.