DCC Archive a note for Steve about your Charlie Brown Christmas comments

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by BradOlson, Oct 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven Thread Starter

As a courteous thing, I posted your comments on the Charlie Brown Christmas master tape condition you posted on another thread on this forum and they will show up on Amazon in the next few days. I saw a 1 star review of the CD stating it sounds lousy but I posted a 5 star review with your comments and some advice stating to buy it anyway because it is what we have. I did a similar thing a few years ago on the Johnny Cash Sings The Ballads of The True West DCC CD.

[ October 29, 2001: Message edited by: Bradley Olson ]

2. jligon

jligon Forum Resident

I've always liked the sound of that CD. The DVD, however, suffers from terrible sound. Don't know why, but I have to turn the volume WAY up to hear it. Sounds much more "muffled" than my old VHS copy.

3. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

I have the CD and have always loved the sound of it too. I look forward to breaking it out every year. This year, it'll roll on tube amps.

4. thxdave

thxdave "One black, one white, one blonde"

It never really feels like Christmas until I put that CD in the car player and start driving up to my parent's house. All of a sudden, I'm 8 years old and sprawled out on the rug in front of our old (barely) color TV...thanks for the memories...now where is my CD ;)

Dave

5. Kym

Kym Former Resident

Anyone who thinks the Charlie Brown Christmas CD sounds great should also pick up Charlie Brown's Holiday Hits, a compilation Fantasy released in 1998. "Linus and Lucy" and both versions of "Christmastime is Here" sound WAY better on this disc.

:rolleyes:

[ October 30, 2001: Message edited by: Kym in Hawaii ]

6. BradOlson

Steve, you'd be good at finding the multitrack of Charlie Brown Christmas and do a remix of it faithful to the original even though you hate doing it. Tom Moulton said you should do this or use the safety copy in Japan.

[ October 30, 2001: Message edited by: Bradley Olson ]

7. JPartyka

JPartyka I Got a Home on High

I second this.

By the way, anyone know if original copies of the Christmas album on vinyl are readily available and any good?

8. BradOlson

Check eBay out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.