A number of the original Defenders episodes with Robert Reed have been posted to you tube!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Dr. Pepper, Jun 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry? Thread Starter

Here is a fun episode of the Defenders with William Shatner and Robert Reed!

2. Dr. Pepper

This one features Robert Duvall!

3. Dr. Pepper

Here is another interesting one with William Shatner working out his amazingly deadly two handed thumping Star Trek fighting style.

4. Dr. Pepper

Anyone interested in me posting more?

5. JozefK

JozefK Forum Resident

Yes

Do you have the episode where Jack Klugman plays a blacklisting victim? He won an Emmy for his performance.

Also do you have the one with Dennis Hopper as a neo-Nazi? It has scenes where Hopper's character acts up in court and make a spectacle of himself. According to an interview with Hopper I once saw, Charles Manson admitted to watching this episode, and then copying it in his actions at his own trial.

6. Dr. Pepper

The one with Dennis Hopper that you refer to is titled "The Indelible Silence," and I'll check, but I don't think it's been posted.

I don't think I have the Jack Klugman episode either, but at the 20 minute mark in the below interview, he talks about that episode.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=1242&v=eUUz2fLxQ_c

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
  7. Dr. Pepper

Here is an important, near forgotten piece of television and national history. Join Rober Reed, EG Marshall, James Earl Jones, Ivan Dixon, and Mark Leonard in perhaps one of the deepest looks into the non-violence movement ever depicted on television. This brilliantly written episode takes viewers black and white, young and old on a journey through the inner motivations and struggles of all sides of the non-violent movement, with characters that they can identify with no matter where they stand on the issues at hand.

This episode, more than any I have watched, shows just what a travesty it is that this show is not available in any format nor is it in any syndication package. This episode should be required viewing when studying the civil rights movement and non-violent protest.

JamieC and davenav like this.
  8. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

Thanks for sharing will try and watch when I have time.

9. Dr. Pepper

10. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Thanks! love those old 50's shows.

11. Dr. Pepper

Then let's have another

Michael likes this.
  12. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

thanks man...saves the search.

13. halfjapanese

halfjapanese Gifs moider!

When I was a kid in Tokyo this was the only American dramatic series broadcast in English.

14. Dr. Pepper

15. Dr. Pepper

16. Dr. Pepper

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.