A pair of JBL Hartsfield speakers

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by libertycaps, May 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. libertycaps

libertycaps Forum Resident Thread Starter

Echo Audio | JBL Hartsfield

So who has got the dosh for these beauties?

Me? Never heard them. Actually, i have never even heard of them until tonight. They sure are pretty.
    Thoughts?

SandAndGlass, action pact and beowulf like this.
  2. ronm

ronm audiofreak

I heard a pair twice at the Rocky Mountain Audiofest.First time in the Atrium and the topic of discussion was compression.Not a good demo as they were playing to demonstrate the compression"Californication" by the RHCP.Second time they had the Hartsfield demo room in one of the much,much smaller guest rooms.It wasn't the volume so im thinking it had something to do with the pressure in the room as it became painful to my ears almost immediately.So my experience of the Hartsfield is not good.

SandAndGlass likes this.
  3. Larry I

Larry I Senior Member

I agree those are nice looking speakers. In the right setup, they sound decent to me. While I have not heard them side-by-side for comparison, I like the Classic Audio reproduction of the Hartsfield too. But, to me, Classic Audio's own designs (modern fieldcoil speakers) sound better than their Hartsfield reproductions.

SandAndGlass likes this.
  4. EddieMann

EddieMann I used to be a king...

I've had L100's. L45 Flair's, and L65 Jubal's. For some reason none of them appealed to me. Then I found these L100 t3's. They hit a sweet spot for me paired with a vintage Pioneer SX-1250 receiver. Sorry for the crappy pics as they've been stuck in our black hole of a basement (we have kids) for several years now. When I bought them they were covered with battleship grey contact paper. The fellow who was selling them said his wife was not a fan of wood grain :shrug:. When I stripped the paper it became apparent that the speaker had been dropped and a corner crunched. You can see his awkward attempt at a repair in one pic, I believe that's bondo he used. But I like them an awful lot, and I think they've become my one keeper pair of JBL's.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.